Preparation for Monday

Well, here I am 2 in the morning missing the ex. Everything is so fresh and new that it is still not letting me sleep a wink. Monday will have to be the first day I actually have to see her (since we work together) since our terrible morning on Friday. I took Friday off so any advice on how to handle this? I mean it is killing me she is going out this weekend and she warned me that she might drunk dial me.....all this has done has kept me up to see if my damn phone rings...it hasn't. I just want to be prepared on what to expect and how to react.

sorry to hear how you are feeling - i spent the first few days on my own really then three months into nc began to tell everyone why it happened and it is getting better.

I think you need to change her name on the phone to a name that reminds you why you broke up and as you work with her i think you have to start to think only of work and what you want to be not about you and her - you are on your own now not a couple and it is impearative you are happy - do whatever it takes - good luck and we are here for your rants

Well as I said in earlier posts, I could not figure out what went wrong...until talking with a couple of friends it kind of hit us in the head like a ton of bricks. I have been looking for an excuse why this happened because she tells me she loves me still, is still attracted to me and she actually wants to be around me at work because that gives us time together....so here my theory goes and pleasse excuse the length of this:

Another co-worker had originally liked me, we just never hit if off for whater reason we will call her Kat and we all used to go out together but my ex showed interest in me and we started a fantastic ralationship. A couple of weeks ago something tragic happened to Kat to someone close to her...then she breaks up with her long time bf last week. Like I said earlier my gf and I had one of the best weekends to date last weekend. Monday we had a small agument right before work and we talked and fixed it....my gf and Kat work together all day mind you. She comes home that night and wants to know what is going on this weekend and asks if Kat can come with us...which is fine with me, I say OK, no problem at all. Week goes on and something changed she needs space, needs to be more independent...we break up, she tells me she loves me and cares and is still attracted to me she just needs to be on her own she doesn't want to date anyone. Friday she is out with the girls, Saturday she is cooking with the girls and then going out, expect drunk dialing...hasn't happened yet.

Nothing went wrong, we really loved each other. Did we suffocate each other? Can she really just not love me anymore? Was is an easy let down? Can I blame the other friend or making this a competition? Is she just not ready for this? She can have her space, I will give it.