Dealing with Children (college life)

Hi, This is like my 3rd year in college and I have to agree that this is the hardest semester ever.

Not only do I have a lot of work to do, but I have to maintain a grade point average. I have transfered and I get a chance to start fresh but there is one problem. I am roomed up with a child. If you have every read any of my past post you would notice that I have had Roommate problems before. I say that she isn't the worst.... but I was wrong. She is the most immature of them all!

I can not get any sleep and I plan on seeing someone about anger management.... I know it's okay to get angry.. but she is really testing me to see how far I can go before I snap and really beat her * * *. I have been straight to the RA about our problems and she has been upset that I don't directly come to her. Let me tell you my reason.

1. When I first met her.. She didn't say hello. ( I was directly in front of her. Her mother claimed that she was in a bad mood. But she didn't acknowledge that I was in the room.)

2. She is VERY inconsiderate. She sleeps during the day and is up all night on the phone. Our dorms do not have doors so I can hear everything. She is not quiet at all. The radio is on 24/7

3. We signed a room agreement and I seem to be the only one following it. She thinks that just because the RA doesn't care about the weekends we can keep guest past the visiting hours.

4. I am so tired of talking and hearing that our paring up can work out. (It's not working, I am still awake.)

Usually, she leave to visit a boyfriend and it is then that I can get some sleep. However, she usually leaves around 2 to 3 in the morning. Yesterday, it was 5am!

I don't know what to do. I don't want to start going crazy. I am trying to see if I can get out of here without paying so much, but it cost too much to stay with the upper classmen.

I really don't know what to do. Please someone help me out before I do something I regret. ](*,)

If it is this bad, and you have already talked with the RA, then how about switching rooms with someone? I know you say you don't want to pay so much, but I don't think that costs too much. I'm an RA, so I can understand if you can't get along with your roommate. This is the only option I can see, if the contract isn't working. Have you thought about making an apppoitment and talk with the ACD (Area Complex Director)? He may be able to help.

I even went higher and spoke to one of the managers. All they will tell me is that it cost $300 to move out. If I find someone to take my place in my room then the exchange is free. I just have to find somewhere else to stay. The place I want to stay has thicker walls and I can get a room to myself. But it is a freshman dorm I have to hope and pray the person next to me is an upperclassman or I could just make the rules strict to make sure I don't have too much of a problem.

The other place is with the upper classmen but it cost a little more. I have to see if my Fin. Aid takes care of it. I'm still in the decition making process, but as for now this is what I have to deal with.

I thank you for your time. I greatly appreciate it!