I really need some help

marolua

Hello. I am really lonely and I dont know if I am doing the right thing.

I have had depression before and I have been ok for three years now. Lately I have been feeling down and even though I am trying to shake myself out of it, it doesnt seem to be helping. I have a very stressful job and all..life as usual. But two days ago I had a panic attack for something really tiny and since I couldn't avoid it anymore, I had to accept that I am a little bit depressed. I am strong and I dont want to be depressed but I also know that it doesn't only take strength, so I called a therapist and got an appointment ofr next week.

The problem is I am really not feeling like performing right now, but I have a boyfriend, I lovehim very very much and he is very supportive and nice, but 'he is not depressed'. and I know that its not his responsibility to make me feel better again. I really dont want to lose him because of depression so I talked to him about it and told him that I need some time on my own, so I can work it through. Because if I spend time with him and I just get angry or react in crazy ways to what he says or does, he doesn't deserve such treatment. He said he understands and he loves me, and I can have some time on my own as long as I take care of myself and get better.

So what do I do now? is there any way to protect my relationship from depression? I really dont want to lose my boyfriend, and thats partly what is freaking me out. I get depressed over the possibility of being depressed and losing everyone around me..especially my boyfriend.its like a circle...I really need some advice as the best way to get through this, even if its just a week or more.

Thanks a lot

I think you've done pretty well so far. I mean you told him what was going on, you asked him for space, and things seem ok.

While you are doing what you need to do, the only other thing I might consider is letting him know, if even through a message that you appreciate him giving you space and time, etc.

• Like 1

I agree with Beec except for one thing. Maybe instead of pushing the people that love you away you should bring them closer. Surround yourself with those people as often as possible. If your job is the problem maybe try getting another job. No job is worth losing the people that love you.