"i have heard that all before."

"I have heard that all before".

WHo hasnt heard that one before when trying to explain how we are feeling when apologising for a situation?

They might have heard it all before but have they really head it all before? Or is it that they arent getting it.

Which of us are guilty of saying that only to realise that though we have heard it all before we didnt "get it"?? and accused our SO of apologising for doing that same thing again when actually it maybe the same situation but we arent getting our partners perspectives?

Your post is a bit hard to follow, but I think when people use that term that they have heard it all before is because they have heard it, and nothing was DONE about it. Words mean little without action, and when you hear the same things over and over without action, well, hearing them again does little.

I think it can do good for both sides to listen to the other perspective and understand how they are feeling, including why maybe the feel they have 'heard it all before'. If you are apologizing for the same thing happening over and over....it's a sign that there is something missing in terms of actually addressing and fixing the situation.