Moving on is hard, please ideas

Ok well I did it tonight. I must say, it is very unfortunate when you are so angry that you break up with someone that way. What I am getting at is that I have been trying to discuss things with my bf and he makes it so hard to communicate that I finally broke up with him tonight. I have been wanting to for a month or so now because I have been unhappy. I have posted on here before about our different interests and other things like that. I just realized that we are very different, and not only that, I just really want someone more mature than him. I'm tired of childish games and other silliness in that sense. I am very upset right now, which is why I am writing this so late. It's just so hard when you love someone so much and you know it's just not going to work. It took me a year to figure this out with him.

Six months ago I thought he was the one I was going to marry. Things have obviously changed. I just don't know how I can deal with this. We work together and tomorrow he will be bringing me my stuff he has, and I will be doing the same. We have some of the same friends... so that's going to be hard to hang out with them at different times now. Also, we had a couple trips planned in December and January, (which I already payed for the plane tickets). It just sucks right now... and I'm very depressed and upset, even though I know it should be this way. Moving on is so hard... any suggestions or ideas of what I can do to help me move on and forget about this? Or anything at all would be nice. I know it's going to be very hard for me in the next few days...

I am sorry to hear that things have not worked out for you.

Know that it is going to be hard to get used to being single again. We all go through it though, and you're at the right place to find the support you're going to need to help you get through this difficult time.

Nothing will make you forget about this move, and nothing will truly make it any easier. You just have to swallow the pill like we all have to; there is no 'quick fix'.

Just try to keep your mind busy with important things, like getting your life back together.

Good luck, and best wishes.

Hi Lovely8466,

One thing I did when I split with my ex is I took the trip with a good friend. Yes, some of the times I was thinking "I wish she was here..." but all in all I'm glad I did that. We had a great time and that helped me realize that I could do what I wanted with whoever I wanted to do things with. I was in complete control.

The days ahead are full of adventure for you now. Sure, there will be ups and downs, but now you are in full control. Go out and enjoy!!

Good Luck

bcuzitwasfun