Silly issue with loving AND hating my job. What to do?

Every week I dread going to work on the weekends. I get paid GREAT, the hours are perfect, and I do like the job.

I'm a fulltime college student and I have so much work to do. I DREAD work approaching and I spend Thursday nights feeling -miserable-. It's difficult to switch to work mode (which is also work that has nothing to do with what I go to school for) after having been in school mode all week long.

But the thing is, once I'm there, it's okay. I tell myself that-- I swear it, but I'm miserable every Thursday, all day. There's been a couple of weeks I was miserable all week just thinking about it, but then I get there and it's not so bad. Then I'm waking up super early on a Saturday morning for work and I'm looking forward to it!

Why am I crazy?

I could be in a far worse situation... it's a legitimate question-- I don't understand why I dread it but not mind it once I'm there? My first two weeks of my semester after having worked overtime all summer long were great-- I was like wow, I finally have a job I don't mind AND I'm in my semester. The start of the work week used to be like this too over the summer actually.

I know it sounds really stupid but I'm sick of wanting to quit but then liking it once I'm there. Isn't anyone else this way with their job?

Martha

I haven't been able to work yet but I do feel this way about school.

I think a lot of the students are like both you and me! On Sunday nights, we worry ourselves to death about how the first day of school would be like after the two fun weekends. Then we'll feel like skipping or faking sick.

In the end, I won't be able to sleep well the whole night and will wake up early the next morning. After that, I'll drag myself to school to meet my friends and study my favourite subjects. Then I'll think it's not so bad afterall.

^^ Humans are complicated creatures.

lol It doesn't get any easier when you're working a full time job all week, Mon-Fri, and then having to go back to work after the weekend. It's always going to be like this, no matter how much you like your job, or how much you get paid! When the weekend is over, I say "back to reality." Because it seems as if I'm living 2 completely different lives. You get used to it.