Kissing disease?????????

hey, I started going out with this new girl a few days ago. I kissed her and since then i've had 4-5 blisters in my mouth and the skin on the side front part of my gum started bleeding. Does anyone know by any chance if i've cought a disease? Permanent or not? And what it would be called?

From your description it sounds like the herpes virus and my guess would be HSV type 1. (herpes simplex virus) Judging from the severity you describe this is probably your first outbreak and it usually lasts 7-10 days. It's very contageous, when symptoms are present, and the virus will remain in your system.

Most of the population has HSV-1. In fact, most people get HSV-1 as small children from adults kissing them, sharing drinks, and what-not. Most people only have the initial outbreak and the virus remains dormant. With others times of stress or even another illness can cause a recurrent outbreak.

I know it might be scary to be told this but I can tell you with absolute certainty that it really isn't that big of a deal. If you do need someone to talk to though, please feel free to PM me. I'm somewhat of an expert on the subject.

Herpes, fever blisters, canker sores, cold sores.. They are all different names for the same thing.

Almost everyone has them orally. It is no big deal. The strangest thing about what happened to you is that you are just getting it now because most people get it before they even know how to kiss.

You cannot get AIDs from kissing, just an FYI....

However, it does sound like you are suffering a herpes simplex outbreak. It is an incurable disease but you can treat the outbreaks...

Goto a clinic as soon as possible...

It may be just a sore, but it is better to be sure than not.

I don't mean to butt in on your thread but I was wondering-

Can you usually tell if someone has herpes or mono? I don't want to get this so I could avoid kissing or sharing a drink with someone who has it- I mean, don't they look like pimples or something?

The thing with mono is there really aren't any physical symtoms (aside from the exhaustion), and it stays in your system for a long time (sometimes a month or two), meaning one could pass the virus even after they've pretty much fully recovered. It's highly contagious. I've had it twice

Herpes, it's kind of the same concept. You can still contract them even when there are no signs of an outbreak, though it's much less common than when a person has physical symtoms. Just be careful