I can't move on..please help!

I dated this guy for over 3 years. He was my first boyfriend and I was his first girlfriend. We were best friends and spent everyday together. In our first year of University we decided to break up. We were fighting and needed space from eachother as we attended the same University and saw eachother everyday. We stayed close and after a couple of months I told him I wanted to get back together. He kept telling me that he did not know and he needed time. After waiting for months and going through hell not knowing what was going to happen he told me no. A month or so later I was starting to move on and becoming happier. He then told me that he wanted to try again. So I dropped everything at the chance to show him how happy we could be. After months of "trying" he kept saying that he could not love me like he used to. My self-esteem has dropped so much I feel worthless because the guy who used to love me more than anything in the world cannot anymore. I can't let myself give up though. I almost wish he would do something horrible to me so that I do not want anything to do with him. But all I can do is sit around wondering if he is looking at me the same. I feel so pathetic but I can't let him go. I love him so much. How can I move on when my heart feels the same?

How do you know you cannot let go if you don't try?

I think its time...everything is you're words says the only thing keeping you is fear and the comfort of history.

Its painful, no doubt about it....but one day you wake up look in the mirror and realize even though you love someone....its does not mean you belong with them...and then you realize the pain of loss is just a part of being human...and that you will in fact find someone..and something way more beautiful.

When you are ready too move on, you will.