I posted on here a few weeks ago about my situation. I broke up w/ him thinking I wanted some time, but soon realized it was a mistake. He still cares about me and thinks about whether we should get back together, but he isnt sure. We talk everyday, online and through emails... before he has told me we've said everyhing we can to each other....he says he is too hurt to meet in person... Today I finally emailed him and asked him if we could talk in person sometime. its been 2 months and still havent talked in person.... He tells me he is still pondering the situation. What can I make out of this. He has even told me he just doesnt know if we can get bak together cuz he has too many thoughts that I might hurt him again... any advice, please help

you'll find a lot of people in this section have been DUMPED... not did the dumping.... and are hurting very badly.. as it sounds like your ex is.

He may still care about you... you said he emails, IMs so he hasn't shut you out completely.

Maybe he is on eNot Alone as well and every has been telling him "No contact! no contact.."

Have you specifically said to him, " I miss you, I love you, this is what went wrong, this is how I can work on it.. I want to get back together with you'

It could be his pride... it would be for me... as much as I miss my ex and post messages on here about wanting to be with him again... I feel like it would be a huge dent in my pride and ego if i went back to him... what does that say about me? Why would I go back to someone had so little regard for me that they took a look at me and said "i've seen who you are... nope... not for me.. go away.. Next!"

This is how he could very well be thinking.

Have you just saidk, " I miss you, let met up?" no matter how much I miss my ex... that still wouldn't get me to go back.