what kind of differences do your relationships have?

Hey,

My boyfriend and I have some differences. The main differences is that I hold more religious beliefs on certain topics than he does, although we are both Catholic. Sometimes he tries to tell me that my view is stupid and traditional, which hurts, because it's what I believe. He says he doesn't see how it makes sense. He has more of a modern view of things. For example, when to have sex. My belief is to wait until marriage, and he believes that when two people are in love, they should be able to have sex to express their feelings. We've gotten into an argument about this many times. The argument is usually settled by us keeping our own personal beliefs to ourselves. We'll have to deal with it in the future, because I know it will be brought up again. Minor differences shouldn't really get in the way of the relationship. Sure they will be brought up, but it's nothing to be stressed over.

I found out about it after we were going out. I'm in a long distance relationship, so we started out as friends, but never really discussed the topic of sex. I can sort of see where he's coming from. People who love each other can have sex because they are committed and obligated to being with one another. This is true, but doesn't marriage put a stronger bond and committed to being with one another? I'm still debating what to do. I definitely do love him, but I need reinforcement that he will always be with me. I'm not one of those who sleeps with one person and goes to the next...My parents have never really reinforced what I should do. I never ever got the sex talk. My parents left it up to the school to teach me. I sometimes wonder my mothers views on the topic of sex is, but I'm soooo afraid to ask her. She'll most likely flip out and say, "Why the eff are you asking me?" My parents never really talk about where they met or how, so I don't really know their beliefs on certain topics.