Quick survey

Did you ever meet someone and get along great only to have them run back to their ex?

How long were you together?

How often did they bring up the ex?

Were you surprised that they went back or did you kind of have a gut feeling that they might do that?

no... but now you have given me an idea about my ex!!

Why, did this happen to you?

Did you ever meet someone and get along great only to have them run back to their ex?

Were you surprised that they went back or did you kind of have a gut feeling that they might do that?

when i was much younger, i dated a guy for 3 months and he went back to his ex. he did not talk about her much. after he would break up with her, he would call me again. he eventually ended up marrying someone else.

My most recent ex-boyfriend (the love of my life who I trusted 100%; we were together for 19 months) left me for one of his exes (cheated on me emotionally with her during our relationship) and physically cheated on me with another one of his exes.

I'm afraid that this will sound like a soap opera, but here goes. About the woman he left me for: he told me that they had been involved in a purely sexual relationship for 6 months about 13 years before we started dating and had since become "best friends." I should also mention that she was my ex's stepbrother's ex-fiancee and that she is 16 years older than me. I figured that there was nothing to worry about since so much time had passed since they had been involved. Also, he introduced her to me shortly after we started dating and we would all get together occasionally. I even talked to her on the phone and had dinner at her place a number of times. She even pretended to be my friend and told me that she hoped that my ex and I would get married. Both of them told me that they would never even think about getting back together and I believed them. Turns out that she started worming her way deeper into his life and he started talking to her about our relationship (and stopped talking to me about our relationship) and started spending a lot of time with her without me. A couple of weeks before he broke up with me, he helped her every single day with some renovations to her house. Meanwhile, he spent less and less time with me.

As for his other ex: they dated for 11 months altogether. After they broke up for the second time, she moved to St. Croix for a job. A couple of months later, my ex and I started dating. After we had been dating for about 6 months, his ex called saying that she had been raped by two men in her home in St. Croix. Of course, my ex was upset about the news and I was supportive (as much as I could be). But then she decided to move back to NYC, and guess where she stayed? With my ex's parents (my ex was still living with his parents at the time). So, for 2 months my ex and his ex were living under the same roof!! It was horrible for me. My ex claimed that he was completely over her and I believed him. Recently (about 18 months post-breakup), my ex admitted that he went out for drinks with her one night and they got drunk and they made out/heavy petting, etc. He denies sleeping with her (I'm not sure I believe him). This happened only 5 days after we made a trip to Michigan where he met my parents for the first (and only) time (about 2 1/2 months before we broke up).

Believe it or not, this all happened to me. The breakup was so devastating to me that I was depressed and ended up in therapy. I'll never be the same again. Let's just say that I will never trust anyone again. I'm damaged goods from what happened here.

My first girlfriend dumped me to go back to her ex. After a period of no contact he showed up at her door one night and they did some talking. Go figure that strategy

It didn't last and he ended up marrying a girl I had finished with for always wanted to get married! The first girl came to find me a couple of years later but I had moved on and it didn't work out.

I had that happen over ten years ago, the guy ended up marrying his ex! We went out for a little while, not very long. I was immature and completely infatuated with him, so I had no idea they'd get back together.:splat: