Girl I like gave me her number. Told her I'll call her, but I'm shy on the phone

I like this girl in my class and on Friday I asked her on a date and she said that she wouldn't be able to go anywhere this weekend. I asked her for her number and she gave it to me. I told her that I would call this weekend. 2 problems though.

I don't know when I should call her. I heard that you should wait a few days after getting a girl's number to call her. I don't want to seem like I'm not interested.

The big problem is, though, that I am extremely shy over the phone. I don't know why, but being on the phone makes me nervous. Shy on the phone, but not in person. Any help with this please?

You're not alone, I absolutely hate the telephone. Alexander Bell is right up there at the dinner table with my least favourite people of all history (He sits accross from Hitler, and next to that New Zealand guy from year eight... he's eating trout... the bastard!), as soon as I get on the phone my voice drops two octaves, I stutter rediculously, and lose track of what I'm saying, so I end up sounding like the biggest weirdo...

It helps me a little - not much, but a little - to visualise the person I'm talking to if I know them well enough like I was talking to them face-to-face, how they'd look as they replied, what they look like when they're laughing ect...

I hope this helped =)

You said you would call this weekend so make sure you do - or you will look as if you are playing games.

I am going to call her. But would it be best to call her today? (I think it would, but I just want a second opinion)

I also meant to ask, how do I ask her out over the phone? She said she was busy this weekend. But I'm not sure on how to ask her out again.

Yep call her today.

Think of something that you would like to invite her to do - not too elaborate. Then pick two days that are good for you.

Then say something like "Would you like to come with me for a picnic in the ravenous tiger enclosure at the Zoo on Wednesday" (insert your own choices).

If she says she can't on Wednesday, offer the second choice. Gauge from her reply to that if she is really interested. For instance: if she can't on either date she should offer an alternate.

There's this sweet guy whom I totally adore. He's said he would call me before & then didn't. It hurts so much when he doesn't call or take/return my calls. I'm not used to rejection. He says he's shy & hates talking on the phone. But I see him returning calls to his male buddies-no problem.Then, I go see him and everything is fine. We are happy to see each other, we talk, flirt and hug. He invites me to come back & see him soon. Then, it starts again. This time, I'm not going to call. Which leaves me wondering...will he miss me, will he call? I wonder if most guys dread making that call.