Any good books?

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows a good book on becoming more socially active and keeping conversations going? I seem to be kind of bad at that, especially since most the people I know are in the same boat as me

Hi Lonelyguy,

Can you please expand on this comment?^^ Do you hang out with many shy or non talkative people?

I don't know if a book can really teach you social interaction? Perhaps it can but in reality it just takes courage. It's hard because no one wants rejection or to look like a fool. Are you wanting to talk more with girls, friends, adults, etc? I find that when you are in an environment take notice of the room. What are the people like? Who is sitting off by themself, who has a crowd around them, what is your demeanor? Then just go to who you would feel more drawn to and say hello. It all starts with small talk. "Hello, How are you, Did you hear about this in the news, Did you hear this new song, etc" If they are recetive they will expand if not then just say "have a good time or gotta go." It takes a bit of practice. Its like riding a bike, once you learn you never really forget how to ride it.

You need to get onto a different boat then, hon.

I found that when I took myself out of society for 2 years after my divorce to let me heal, and understand some things, when I reentered it, I was sooooo socially awkward.

What I did was go to Starbucks, but a White Chocolate Mocha, and sit there and listen to what other people were talking about and laughing about. Then I would have stuff to talk about when I got around people.... lol

Sounds corny, but it works....