weight loss stuff in water...???

I saw a commercial for this stuff you put in your water and it helps speed up your metabolism AND curve your appetite. It's supposed to be all healthy and safe, not like diet pills or anything. Anyone ever tried it?? how did it work? or if you haven't tried it, do u know what it's called??

do u know what it's called??

A Scam! The diet market is a 12 billion dollar a year industry when it comes to products such as this. A good nutritional diet with a proper balance of protein, carbs and fats is better than any supplement you can take. Drink 64 ounces of water a day and exercise. To reduce cravings eat a few almonds, they are packed with protein and will curve your appetite.

RC

I agree with RC more strongly than I can express and for more reasons I have time, energy or patience to type out.

If you'd like an interesting overview of all the useless crap the diet and weight loss industry has been selling people since the 1900's, I'd suggest reading link removed. Check your library for a copy...the library here owns several.

When you add in diet programs, drugs (prescription and over the counter), supplements, weight loss surgery and the other bizarro stuff companies try to sell on the premise that it'll make us lose weight, you're talking upwards of $30 Billion per year wasted. Not to mention the dashed hopes and despair people experience when they realize that this latest "miracle cure" doesn't work (at best) or has caused them serious, lasting damage -- up to and including death (at worst).

Eat more vegetables, fruits and whole grain, eat REAL food (not processed/prepackaged/lite/no-carb or otherwise altered stuff), and move around on a regular basis. While that may not get you to a super-skinny ideal (your genetics play a huge part in determining your body's shape/size), it will keep you healthy, which is MUCH more important in the long run.

Yes, it works. I have a big supply, and I've dropped 20lbs in a month!

The sarcasm opportunity was irrestible...I'm sorry. But really, if that worked, the whole effing world would be thin, and it would be a media circus.

No, it's not some miricle drug like "trimspa" or some crap.t doesn't make you loose weight! it's HELPS your metabolism and curves your appetite. why is that so hard to believe??? womens "one a day weight smart" speeds up your metabolism and slimfast curves your appetite, this just does both. I never said it was a miricle drug.

Many things claim to speed up your metabolism and curve your appetite. I had a friend who did trimspa religiously and never lost weight. Trimspa is not a drug, it's a supplement. Supplements do not have to be approved by the FDA and there is no merit to the claims of the product. As for the other product, I have no knowledge of it's results. The best diet is a simple change of eating habits which will avoid the yo-yo effect. Plus it is very unhealthy to lose weight at a rapid pace.

RC

Other than the hope of losing weight, what reason would you want to buy a product that claims to "speed up your metabolism" and "curb your appetite"?

It may not be trimspa, but what you're describing is still a weight loss product. Dieting has gotten a bad rap (and rightfully so), so the folks who do the marketing for weight loss products/programs avoid calling it a diet. They'll sometimes even say things like, "We all know diets don't work" (which is true) in their advertising, then they'll follow it by calling their program or product something other than a diet -- they'll call it an eating plan or health supplement or weight management system...anything other than a diet or diet product....but it's still a diet/diet product.

Your body has an amazingly complex system that already regulates your metabolism and your appetite if you listen to it. People routinely screw that system up by purposely starving themselves and/or using products that speed up their system by the use of drugs/chemicals/herbal products. They waste their hard-earned money in the process, and they run the risk of causing some damage to themselves.

Just because a product is "natural" doesn't mean it's good for you. Don't assume that because something is available for sale or comes from a health food or vitamin store that it's harmless. People have died from taking products -- including "natural" supplements that came from the health food store -- that claimed to "speed up" or "boost" metabolism.

You'd be better off spending your money on a couple sessions with a dietician or buying a good pair of walking shoes and using them on a regular basis.

link removed

I will believe scientific research over a TV commercial pitching their product any day. Losing weight is a slow transformation backed by discipline, effort and education. Putting on weight fast is unhealthy and losing it fast is even more unhealthy. This fluctuation is even more unhealthy than just being over weight. If you are really serious about wanting to lose weight, educate yourself on how your body works. That way if you do decide to take some short cuts, you will at least understand the negative effects it can lead to.

RC