Rebound Guy

So the girl who just broke my heart seems to have a rebound guy. I think that is why she jerked me around all summer and was so wishy washy about everything. She knows I love her and want more and she knows he, at the moment is fun and never hurt her. These rebound relationships rarely last and I am wondering how long anyone here waited for their ex before she realized that rebound guy was not who they wanted and they still loved you? I know she still loves me and she told me so. She is just afraid I am going to leave her again like I did. I am just going to have to wait this out. Thanks for your support.

So post how long you went please! Thanks again....

You really can't put a time stamp on these things, but from numerous posts on this board from other people, the 'Honeymoon' stage (as it's called) lasts anywhere from 4 - 6 months.

Like you said the only thing to do is wait this out, but the question is how long have you been waiting?

My ex split up with me. Got a rebound guy. Contacted me 3 weeks later and wanted to see me, crying her eyes out etc. I went to her, and now she doesnt know what she wants. Her head is messed up. Now i regret seeing her and wished i had moved on like i was moving on. Heart broken all over again.

If I were you I would move on as soon as possible. My ex and I split up over a year ago and I KNOW he still is in love with me. I hurt him a lot as well and he found someone new. He got into a rebound relationship not even a month after our break up (still bitter about that) and I thought he would realise he loves me more then her. But he never contacted me and he wouldnt even take my calls. It was a year that I still thought about him, and finally ran into him.....only to find out that he is STILL in love with me....only to leave me for his gf once again.

my advice is too run like HELL! u dont want to be in the same position I was in

It has been 3 & a bit months since my wife & I 'officially' ended our relationship. I had some issues to work out & so couldn't give my all to a relationship. I didn't think it was fair on her. I have since sorted my life out & have spent the last couple of months learning to live without her. She started dating almost immediately after we split. The first guy lasted a week, the second she is still currently seeing.

I would like us to perhaps start seeing each other again & gauge what happens. I still love her like crazy but at the same time I don't need her to survive like I did before. I know that now. In fact I am seeing a couple of other people to balance it all out. No harm. If she can then so can I.