Minnesota Dating Laws?

Does anyone know what the legal laws for dating are in Minnesota? Me and a girl are getting more and more towards dating, but she is just a little more than 2 years and 2 months younger than me. My last girlfriend (just broke up) was just a little less than 2 years and 2 months younger than me. No one ever raised a question about it and her parents loved me. This other girl's parents I haven't met yet and I'm wondering what their reaction will be if we start dating. I'm worried to start a relationship and find out its illegal by state law. Is it ok to date someone that much younger as long as parental consent is given? I am turning 19 in a month and she'll be 17 in February as well. Does the whole adult/minor law come into effect even with parental consent?

There is no law against dating. There are only laws against sexual contact.

In Minnesota, you must be within 48 months of the younger person if they are between the age of 16 and 18 and you are in a position of authority over the younger person. You are only 24 months older and I'm assuming you are not in a position of authority (police, teacher, boss, etc).

From what I read here it doesn't sound like an issue.

According to MN Sexual Criminal Statutes, the age of Consent is 16 and there must be a minimum age of three years difference before sex can constitute as criminal.

So if you're 19 and you have sex with a person younger than 16, you are guilty of Statutory Rape.