Ways to know if a guy likes a girl?

Confident guys:

A lot of teasing- playfully of course, nothing mean.

Ex: He'll snatch away your notebook so you'll chase after him.

Shy guy:

Blush when you talk to him, stare at you and when you catch him he's looking somewhere else, etc.

I think you can overall have a sort of gut feeling that a guy likes you. It's something in the eyes and voice that you catch in your subconscious mind. The way he looks at you 'softer' or says 'hey' to you a little differently.

A guy who is sincerely interested in you will call you and ask you out for a date he plans in advance. Until then, have fun with all the flirty looks/gestures, etc but self-protect and have no expectations that it means that he is interested in a relationship with you. Some guys just like to flirt, some are not ready for a relationship, and some are interested in dating someone else but enjoy flirting with other women so that they feel like they are "out there" and desirable.

Well I think it's important to know that confident guys and shy guys will behave differently, like Vermillion says. Also there are guys who will flirt with some measure of confidence but be shy about actually making a move.

It's frustrating as a guy who will flirt but it shy about asking a girl out, that it seems that the uber-confident guys and the players speak for us all. Many girls I have spoken to have assumed that any guy who is interested in them will approach them confidently and ask them out; and that if a guy doesn't ask her number then it means he definitely isn't interested. If a guy is flirting with you and you feel that he is interested, then assume he definitely is interested, don't just assume he wasn't interested if he doesn't ask you out right away