How can someone just start ignoring you?

On mySpace, there have been a couple instances where an acquaintance moves away, perhaps out of state (but still does the whole mySpace thing), and just flat out stops responding to my messages... even the simple, "Hey, how is life in so-and-so?"

I guess they like you enough to not like you once they get away...?

On mySpace, there have been a couple instances where an acquaintance moves away, perhaps out of state (but still does the whole mySpace thing), and just flat out stops responding to my messages... even the simple, "Hey, how is life in so-and-so?"

That's so rude. I don't know, I guess it's life. I couldn't be that offhand to someone I knew unless I wanted them out of my life.

Mind you, I have to say that sometimes I don't really want to keep in touch with people, not out of badness or anything, but simply due to lack of time. But I guess that's a slightly different thing, isn't it?

I think it's good to try to hang on to friends - we all need friends, and people who squander them now, may come to regret that when loneliness hits in later life.

Don't be downhearted - it happens; kudos to you for being willing to give friendships a chance!

Don't feel too down. I had that happen to me on IM. I would say, "Hey, how are classes and life." She then would put up an away message right after I sent the message out. I eventually deleted her name off my buddy list. I felt that I should do that because she obviously didn't want me in her life and I felt like that would be like evesdropping. Hope it helps knowing that someone else went thru this.

Hey,

Thanks...yeah, I don't think about it too much. Sometimes I just wonder how a person could just cut you off like that without any clear sign(s) that is going to happen. It's not like I want to hang out with them or anything, I just wanted to keep some contact going to see what's up.

Happens to me all the time (not just through myspace). Meet people somewhere, have a nice time, and they don't bother to keep in touch even if we were great friends during our time together.

Ah well, I don't let it get to me. Some people are just not the type to keep in touch.

Oh, that's happened to me in real life, without myspace....