I am sad and it's all my fault

I broke up with my girlfriend about a couple months ago, but soon afterwards I started to regret it. I found out soon after we broke she met someone new. Well I just found out the other day that she is engaged.

I feel like an idiot, why did I have to do that?? I could have been the one engaged to her, but no things got all messed up. Why can't things just work out for me? I lost my job last week, and now this. When are things going to start looking up for me? Do I have anything to look forward to at all? Such a sad, cruel, unfair world we live in.

end of emo rant

jman I am sorry your feeling so low. Look at this as lessons you have learned. With all breakups it teaches you more of who you are and what your needs are. Also it brings you 1 step closer to that special someone.

Don't look at this as a regret, at the time there must have been something inside of you that didn't think this was going to go anywhere? Maybe you feel sad about this because she has moved on and you still are stuck with your regret. Don't live life with regrets it just takes away the positives.

As for losing your job, perhaps there is a better job right around the corner? Something that offers you a challenge.

You will come through this, I promise you that.

Don't look at this as a regret, at the time there must have been something inside of you that didn't think this was going to go anywhere?

She was a wonderful person, but it was LD relationship. I live in the US and she flew here all the way to England to see me. I had a really great time with her. But after she moved back I started to have doubts about things and we noticed we were starting to become distant. Well thats when I decided to break it off. But I can't help but wonder, what if I stuck it out and put a little more effort into it? Would have things worked out or does everything really happen for a reason?

I really miss her now, but what's done is done and I (unfortunately) have to live with that now.

look - if it ended and within months they are engaged, there is only two answers

they had something going on waaaaaaaaaaaay before

or they didn't dig ya and jumped on the marriage train

either way, u didn't lose buddy...because they weren't even in the game with ya...take that to the bank...

or they didn't dig ya and jumped on the marriage train

First off let me start off by saying I don't like the tone of your posts, very condescending... and I don't appreciate it

Secondly who are you to judge, make assumptions and jump to conclusions? You don't even know the situation, besides if she didn't dig me then why then why the hell would she travel all the way from England to see me?