Angel

nexhial

Hi,

My thoughts....how can the other take the blame on their own but the speaker takes the shame and they both share the cross? Seems a bit all over the place to me. I think you should re-arrange to pursue one logical theme, not try to cover all the cliches of love.

JMHO

These are just my suggestions...

Insert a transition between verse and chorus where you hold out the last line of the verse without presense of drums.

Enter back with drums on a couplet of snare ghost notes.

accommodate the lyrics to suit the music with conjunctions... except for the screaming, which should have few or no conjunctions.

Write a back up chorus for supporting vocalists. Something simple, maybe snippets from another part of the song. Have the backups melodic on screaming parts.

Don't forget to take your distortion and overdrive pedals into the studio unless it's direcly a rock and metal oriented studio. For this style, I suggest a DOD heavy rocker or an MT2 (or if you want something really heavy try an FZ7 with a clean signal going into an MT2 and max out the low end on the eq). Flange, phase, chorus, auto-pan, etc. can be done in studio, just avoid digital distortion.

Use a 5-string bass, to get the low end tones and don't use too much distortion with the E or B strings (that can sound really crappy with a heavily distorted guitar).

I would spout out a lot more suggestions but it really depends... are you writing all the parts to it or just the guitar and vocals?

One suggestion for sure though, after polishing the lyrics don't trap yourself to what you come out with, it's easier to make changes to the lyrics than to the music, at least without disrupting the flow.

Just my two cents. :scramble: