Am I overreacting or do these friends seem pathetic?

As you know I split with my fella a month ago and I've decided to stay living in his hometown where I know all his mates but have also built up a nice group of buds on my own..

There's this one girl who since the split hasn't made one effort to come round and see me and see how I am. She's gone really cold on me lately and I feel let down by her.

She's been going out clubbing and partying and taking lots of drugs but has always made excuses when I want to go and see her.

It really hurts my feelings because in the past I've been there for her. And I get the impression she thinks I should cope with all this alone.

Thankfully I've had loads of fantastic friends show up from nowhere to see me through the hard times. And I've done just fine.

But to top it all off, I'm having a birthday party this weekend.. And asked her and her husband to come along... But guess what - they're too busy and are doing som DIY to the house. They said they might 'pop in'

Am I overreacting? She did say she's been through a lot of her own problems recently. But having partied hard for the past four weekends and finding the time for other people.. Don't you think she could've found the time to spare a Saturday night?

Personally I think I should get on with my own life and make loads of room for the friends who've been there for me. And so when she does come running back, asking for my help on her problems, realising that all these people she's been going out and taking drugs with are superficial.. I'll just be able to say 'Sorry mate.. But I don't think I'm the person you should be asking for help.'

People can be horrible.. What do you think???

Hey Goldie,

yea it sucks when a friend turn cold on you for no reason. Well I think you should just tell her straight out that you think the two of you are drifting apart. That you should make some plans ahead of time together, so nothing gets in the way of meeting up with her. I don't think you should be mean to her when she comes running back. Maybe she is dealing with something in her life...you never know. Or maybe she is upset at you for something you don't even know you did.

Well, Good luck!!

Hi goldie,

Friendships (and all relationships) are 2-way streets. (Otherwise it's stalking! I definitely recommend talking with this friend. She may truly be busy or may be feeling caught between you and your ex (assuming she was friends with you both in the past.)

Good luck!