Any help on this would be much appreciated.

There was a girl at work I was umming and arring about asking out. Anyway, today just as I was about to she said came up to me and said 'there's a lad in the contact centre leaving today, and we're going out for a drink tomorrow night, you fancy coming along'.... Not sure how many others she asked, if any.

Unfortunately I couldn't make it, but said if she was up for it, I would really like it if we could go out for a drink sometime. She seemed to be keen and said that she was.

I was delighted....but then, she didn't speak to me for the rest of the day almost to the extent of it seeming like she was avoiding me. For her to get from her section to the front door she needed to walk past my desk, but she took a wide berth.

Can any women out there account for this behaviour? Was I getting carried away in the first instance to think she liked me? Also, how do I handle things now?...Do I walk away with dignity in tact or should i see about asking her out for a set date? I dunno. Never been in this situation before.