Flirting/talking to a women in front of another women?

Ok, here is the deal. One of my best friends is a women. We are climbing buddies and have always been nothing more than friends, and it has worked well for both of us. Anyway, we made plans to hit the climbing gym this week, and I have a good hunch this other women that interests me will be there (other thread about that). For non-climbers, you normally climb in pairs since you have a belayer while you climb, and if you are safety conscience, you only climb with somebody you know well enough to trust.

So, my question is, if I see this other women there that interests me, and I talk to her and ask her for her number and all that, do I need to somehow let her know that my friend that I'm there with is just a friend? The awkward part is that much of the conversation might take place near or in front of my female friend... not something I've done before.

So, my question is, if I see this other women there that interests me, and I talk to her and ask her for her number and all that, do I need to somehow let her know that my friend that I'm there with is just a friend? The awkward part is that much of the conversation might take place near or in front of my female friend... not something I've done before.

Somehow, yes, you do need to make that known. And I don't know how you can do that without it being awkward. Gee, are you sure you can't avoid the whole problem and just go with someone else who isn't female? Or go alone? Surely someone at the gym can be your belayer.

SG: Good advice, I can let my friend be the one that signals we are just friends.

Scout: I don't let just anybody belay me... too many gomers out there. I trust my friend and she trusts me, and I'm not going to change the plans to avoid a potentially awkward situation. I just have to figure out how to make the best of itl.

Thanks both for the feedback.

Regards

The answer is right in front of you. Before you enter the gym just tell your female friend that your interested in this girl that may be there and you want to make it clear that her (your friend) and you are not a couple or in a relationship. If your friend has any social skills she will help you out in this area, and make it clear that the two of you are not a couple.

As far as flirting in front of another girl. Whats the big deal. Its not like you are going afetr two girls at the same time. One is a friend the other is not. If she is a good friend she will help you out with this girl. Its pretty simple.