Pet Names *************

I am not a pet name kinda person.

But my boyfriend calls me "darling."

I WANT to be able to call him names like that too...

But for some reason the words "sweetie", "honey", "baby," "schnookums," etc. sound weird coming from my mouth.

It sounds so forced, I guess?

Does anybody know any pet names that don't sound so... GIRLY?

Hahah I don't even know how to explain it.

THANKS.

My BF and I started using names such as Honey, Snugglebunny, Hunnybunny, Dear, Darling, Dearest, Muffin etc ironically and it gave us a good laugh.

However...something terrible happened and now I frequently refer to him as "Snugglebunny", "Gabriel" (after the archangel) or "Sweetheart". Or "Dearest".

He's no better. I am now regularly "Honey", "Muffin" and "Hunnybunny".

I used to call my EX BF......... Hon,,,,,,, just short for honey. Honey just didn't sound right , and Hon just sounded more appropriate.

Do you think your BF would like for you to use a pet name for him ? Some guys don't like it and some think it is quite amusing and cute for a woman to do that. Just wondered if you think your BF will be open to the little pet names?

I call my bf basically whatever comes out of my mouth. Ranging from dork to honey, to a variety of cheesy names. I mostly like calling him by his name though. it's a nice name

Same here. What he calls me, on the other hand, depends on the subject. Mock sympathy earns me the title of "princess" or "muffin". General conversation tends to be "doll", and more intimate things is "hun".