I don't know much about that kind of thing at all. It sounds like it might be a bit risky to hang out with the guy. I don't know enough about that to really give a good opinion. It would certainly be horrible to get caught up some kind of gang controversy going on while you were hanging out with him.

I would disconnect, too. Sounds like he's wearing the colours and involved already.

Other signs: Buddies around all the time/ contacting him a lot. Changes phone numbers frequently. Doesn't give solid answers to questions. You don't know exactly where he works/he doesn't have a job/dropping out of school.

How do you know this fellow?

darkblue, you know me i get attached EASY, i like him, a lot. i almost went out with him. he lives in plano but is constantly going to Garland which has a lot of gang activity, i met him at school. hes not the kind of guy that would let anyone or anything hurt me, but all that changes when youre in a gang. what they say goes or he could die. i understand that. i have only met his cousin and he is probably a crip as well but other than that i havent seen anyone else. i dont think he would put me in danger... but i dont know.

Well, to quote Snoop Dogg

"I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside

But only on the left side, yeah that's the crip side…"

Anyway, I'd say there's a possibility. To be even questioning it would be reason enough for me...

hehe, i forgot about that song. i just dont know, he has never done anything to make me uncomfortable and hes so sweet. could he be faking it?

It sounds like you are making up excuses for him. If you want to be put in danger then go ahead and date him, but don't come crying when something bad happens. Dating the wrong guy is not worth it. I had a friend who dated a guy for 6 years, they had a baby together and everything. He was a nice guy on the outside, but he was in a gang. One day he went over to her mother's house to see the baby. Anyway, this guy ended up killing his girlfriend's mother. This guy was a thug. Thugs don't care about anyone. It does not matter how "nice" this guy is now but the longer he hangs out with gang bangers the colder his heart will become. Don't go after a bad boy. He is not worth it. If he is dumb enough to get in a gang, he can't be very smart.

if you knew a guy for a long time and he has protected you and your best friend the entire time dont tell me that you wouldnt not want to HAVE to believe this. i dont know, ive talked to my girls about it and they said Toni would never do anything to hurt us, but like you said when your in a gang if we get caught talking to the wrong person or the wrong person sees us talking to him were screwed. im not that worried about HIM hurting us as much as if like a blood or something sees us talking to him or a crip sees us talking to a blood or something.