Sad being alone

I think I may ahve soem problem because i get really depressed when im alone. Like if no one is txting or calling me and I cant go do anythign with anyone I get depressed I feel alone and like no one likes me. I dont want my happiness to be dependant on other people.

I was the same exact way up until April. You just need to find something that you love (such as reading, listening to music, or something like that) to keep you occupied while you're alone. Music worked for me.

It might just be a phase you are going through. Go out take a walk, breathing the fresh air, looking at the sky, thinking the bad/sad time is just temporary...everything will eventually pass.

When you are ready, pick up the phone to call your friends, go out to join some activities, start doing it by yourself, reaching out, soon you will make new friends.

I am exactly the same. I am normally depressed when I am alone. I always want to talk to friends on the phone or hang out with them. I have to have a close company. I tried the pets, don't work for me. I like reading, going out. But I still prefer to have a company.... Reckon I need to see a therapist about it?

I agree with most of what everyone is saying. I think we all get lonely at points. I graduated college in May and have been DESPERATELY trying to find a job. I don't want to go back home because of what is left...or not left...from Hurricane Katrina! My family lives there and I'm here alone!

This website keeps me busy and I've really taken a BIG interest in reading. I've even found that when I do actually hang out with my friends I'm wanting to leave so I can finish my book! lol

Also, lame as it sounds...we started going to the mall and just walking around and window shopping...then stopping at the foodcourt to sit and talk. We live in a college town and try to figure out who's high school and who's college...lol...I know it's lame, but it passes the time!