why won't he give me my stuff back?

sorry to post again. but my ex bf won't give me back my stuff that i have in his apartment and i don't know how to get it all back. i don't know why he would even want to keep everything. but we use to live togehter and i have some furniture and pictures and lots of stuff that my family has made for me that i would like to get back.

You may have to call the police to gain access to your ex's apartment. I don't know what the laws are where you live but, you may have to sue him to get your stuff back. I would call the local police on a non emergency (not 911) number and ask them this very question.

I had this same problem with my last ex.

I don't know if this would work in your situation, but here's what I finally ended up doing:

I just showed up at his house when I was pretty sure he'd be home. I had a (tall, big, somewhat mean-looking) male buddy of mine come with me. My ex was so flabbergasted that I showed up unannounced that he quietly let us in to collect my things. It probably didn't hurt that I had my male buddy with me sporting a "I don't want any problems, but if you give her crap, you're gonna regret it" attitude.

Now, if I had reason to suspect my ex would've created a scene or caused any sort of trouble, I probably wouldn't have gone that route, but I knew he was very unlikely to give us any problems...so, it worked. He was very conscious (I'd say "overly conscious") of the impression he gave his neighbors. Where I'm more of the opinion that if you're gonna stare at me, I'll give you something to stare at. A big screaming fight in the front yard wouldn't have bothered me a bit....it would've mortified my ex.

I took my male buddy out to dinner afterwards...it was like a very small wake for the relationship.