drinking and calling?

A while back, my boyfriend called me to tell me he loves me and so on. A really mushy call. At the time he had had a few drinks. I wasn't sure if he was drunk, but it was clear to me he had be dirnking.

I kinda got annoyed because it just bothered me getting a "I've been drinking for a while and I just wanted to tell you that I love you so much" type call. I found it a turn off. He was upset at me because he said it was a slap in the face when I reacted when I said I didn't want to talk to him because he was drunk, even though he was telling me he loved me and such. Mind you, when he's sober, he's very loving and so on. I think it's just more extreme when he's drunk.

So I'm curious as to how do you feel of your SO calls you up when they're drunk?

monkey - I think it depends on the level of intoxication. If it's a babbling incoherent rendering of a conversation that entails drunk sputtering and fragmented sentences, it's annoying no matter what they're saying.

If its one of those, on the tip of the buzz, obnoxious, loud, "I love you man" type calls, it's a little more tolerable but still very annoying.

If it's a sappy, pity party drunk call, hang-up.

That's MY opinion anyway...

What's more important - that he loves you or that he called you to say so after a few drinks?

Does he say he loves you when he is sober? Alcohol can lessen inhibitions and the fact that he can say it when sober is an indication that he probably means it. Much better than if he had called to say he does not love you.

i got two of those in my 1 year relationship:

1st: last xmas when he had to spend xmas at his family, he called 1/2 drunk, sang and announced his love for me. he made me laugh for 2 hours straight. It was love i tell you! lolz

2nd: a couple of months ago when i was beyond upset...hmmm, that was a bit annoying but yea, at least he remembered me to call.

i don't know, any calls regarding how much he loves should mean something, might it be corny or not, at least you're on his mind in his dullest, intoxicated moment better than some other girls and/or like DN said, it is much better to hear that he loves you then him calling saying he's not.

I hate it. I have very little tolerance for it, actually. The once or twice it has happened I've basically asked "do you need a ride?". No, just wanted to talk to you and tell you I love you......

Love you too. Talk to you tomorrow.

He rarely drinks to begin with, so I've just let it slide. I honestly do not feel I could be with someone who tips a few often. Drinking is a huge turn off for me.

He loves you. He's not perfect. Sounds like a real relationship to me.

He loves you. He's not perfect. Sounds like a real relationship to me.

I agree. Regardless of how annoying it may be (and I know it may be REALLY annoying!) alcohol lessens inhibitions--it doesn't make you a liar.

People get giddy and silly when they drink (at least most people do!). Take it is a compliment. But if not, turn your phone off when you go to sleep.