Okay, any ideas for the 4th?

We only get the fourth off, and there have been SO many weddings this summer, it's taking all our paid-time-off! We want to do something just for us and we have the WHOLE day together... (but nothing around it, like we couldn't get that monday off to go somewhere together)...

So what should we do? I've thought about having a picnic with some chilled white wine... But I think it's suppose to be VERY hot that day (here anyways!)... What are some of your guys' plans?

He can't have crackers.. but cheese is a good idea! ..I don't know what to make, he's the boy on the restricted diet, but maybe I can put something easy together (but still nice)...

I just don't know what to do during the night.. it'd be nice to picnic in the day, and do something in the evening.. but it's early mornings the next day.. yikes. I just don't know. It'll have been nearly 2 weeks since we spent quality time together though (sob story, I know! LOL). I've been in Dallas for the past week, the week before that was just really busy, I'm off for a bachelorette party/wedding the next 2 days.. the 2 days after that we'll be visiting his parents.. And it'd be nice (since the holiday is free anyway..) to do something special *just for us*... Any other ideas?

Hrm, depending on your budget, you could look at getting a hotel room near a major fireworks display.

Regardless, you can plan a romantic evening, candals, soft music, chilled champange. Just an evening focused on the two of you. If you can get a hotel room, having the fireworks tee-off while you two are setting off your own "fireworks" would be an added bonus.

that would be *great* if we had the next day off... Didn't matter if we overslept or had too much, etc...

I wish I were better at figuring these things out, thanks so much lost, for helping me out.. your suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.. he told me *plan it, we'll do it* -- he really doesn't care, but feels the need for it as well.. he's been really stressed with work, and I had *one* night back in town tonight so we were more focused on that

We're celebrating our anniversary on the 4th...we're planning on going to this huge park that we have here - everyone goes to this park on the 4th - it's got tons of hills and everyone picnics and waits till night fall for the fireworks. At any rate - I'm gonna bring a soft blanket and an umbrella and then we're gonna stop by Albertson's on the way there and get this meal thing they're doing for the 4th...fried chicken and rolls - basically like KFC. It's not super nice but it's fun for a picnic.

Once we get home from that - it will be late...then we'll get to the romantic stuff