Parents AND Grandparents

Well this is coming from a 15 year old kid, so if that's enough to turn you away do so now, but anyway.

The town I live in it's a small town of less than 1500, and I have a ton of friends, but only about 4 I do anything with, because all the others live out of town or have no lives, but I greatly enjoying swimming in our river, and this doesn't fly well with my parents, because they still haven't given up that I'm still 4 years old, I went down there a couple days ago, and I came home and my dad asked where I was and I said swimming in the river, and he said "Oh that was really smart of you wasn't it?" I was very irritated at this point and my mom came out and said she didn't mind me swimming down there, but don't make a habit of it, and now i was about to go off the edge (not just from these 2 things, but a lot of other stuff prior to this).

Now I know that a river can be dangerous, but I've been swimming in it for 3 years now, and I don't understand the sudden outbursts that they don't let me do anything with my friends(childish and I know that's what everybody says about their parents) outside of driving around looking for girls and swimming in the river, there is literally nothing to do around here, and I don't want to hear the "Oh I'm suuuuuuuuure you can find something to do with your time" because I've been there and heard that.

I guess I'll just never understand, when the river is high we never go swimming, we aren't that stupid, we swim above or below the dam (which is only 2 foot to begin with so we're usually jumping off it) we also swim together so if something would happen to go wrong we'd be there to help; we are all capable of swimming against the current, heck we even went UPSTREAM to underneath the bridge.

and now to the second part of my long and extremely boring rant, if I have your attention still great!

My parents are leaving for Las Vegas for the week, they are leaving Sunday, but I have to spend Saturday through next Thursday with my grandparents, they are staying over at my house, but they are just like my parents, they will NOT let me out of this house, even if it's to go get groceries. My grandma is a health freak, so I'll be eating EXTREME organic food (not that that is a problem, because I'm a bodybuilder, but it does get out of hand), I'll be trying to spend as much time doing something ligitamate as I can, but I don't think I'll be able to get any time outside of this house.

Any suggestions on what to do? THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS!!

15 year olds have as legitimate of problems as 30 year olds

For the swimming, just be careful! Even the most careful swimmers, and strong swimmers can be surprised. I know a lifeguard whom drowned. So always swim with someone.

Just talk to your parents about those precautions you DO

take. I think it is important to sit down with them one day, and say "look, I know you are concerned about me, and I just wanted to let you know we do take care to only swim when conditions are safe, and when we are together". If that fails tell them well, then instead you will take up BASE jumping (Kidding! Don't say that!).

As for grandparents...well, while it will "suck", it IS only for a few days...so suck it up as best you can for those few days. Would they let you out to go for a run or gym or something? (since it is healthy and and all!). Maybe just getting a break here and then to get rid of that pent up energy (and frustation) will help make it go by,

P.S. Stock up on some treats in your room. I eat organic a lot of the time too, but if it was "extreme healthy" and all the time, I would get pretty grumpy....food is still something to enjoy.

My parents are leaving for Las Vegas for the week, they are leaving Sunday, but I have to spend Saturday through next Thursday with my grandparents, they are staying over at my house, but they are just like my parents, they will NOT let me out of this house, even if it's to go get groceries.

Sounds like my parents. I'm 16 and 6 months pregnant with my boyfriend basically living with me but when they go away, we have to stay with my sister o_O. Dunno, my parents are weird.