Broke NC after 4 months NC... Did I do the right thing?

Well it's been over 4 months that I "let her be" after a mutual breakup. Hell I haven't even bothered to pop in here and check the forums... I just did what I had to do. So I wrote her a casual e-mail asking about her in a cute third person fashion. Like a "hello I am here just saying hi" type of message. Nothing remotely close to clingy, needy, or reminiscent of the past. The reason I did this was to test the friendship waters and see if there is any remaining bitterness in her, or if she's willing to reach out and be social once again.

I was totally prepared to do this in terms of self-awareness of what the responses could or could not be. Please critique my actions. At this point I still love and care for her, but I am ready for any response whether it's good or bad. Thanks!

-CH

Well, its too early to say. From my experience though, it's never a good thing when you feel the need to contact an ex because you want to be friends. I've been friends with a couple of my exes in the past, but it was just something that came about naturally.

You may be in for a rocky time ahead. What happens if she doesnt respond? What happens if she responds and says she and her fiance are fine? How would either of those feel to you?

Orlander

Honestly man, because I want to see if there was anything left for me to do and be convinced that I did everything I could in order to save any possible chance. I feel as if now it's all her though, I am ready to embark into long term NC about now...

-CH

Honestly man, because I want to see if there was anything left for me to do and be convinced that I did everything I could in order to save any possible chance. I feel as if now it's all her though, I am ready to embark into long term NC about now...

-CH

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.... NOTHING.....

IF YOU FEEL IT SAY IT, IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT DO IT............

IM WITH YOU MAN.......