Have u ever dumped someone but still loved them?

I am 28 and dated this guy, 33, for 2.5 years. We had a great relationship and talked many times about marriage. Before me he almost married a girl after dating her for 4 years. He has never really been single (always been in a serious rel). Three months ago he dumped me out of nowhere. He said he just needed to find himself and was not sure if I was the one or not (to marry). he still calls me everyday - even after I've asked him not to. He tells me he loves me and has never loved anyone so much as me. he tells me he hopes we will get back together someday and that I am his best friend. Yet, he is dating other women and sleeping with them. I thought he was the guy for me and we would marry someday. Now, I'm not sure. Should I remain in contact with him? It feels good to remain close to him but hurts and confuses me when he goes out with other women and won't commit to me. If I'm so wonderful, then why doesn't he know that I am the one and marry me?

Will we ever get back together? What should I do? Thanks

If I were you:

Forget giving him a chance to make a decision. If he cared about you as much as he says he does, he wouldn't be sleepin around. It seems (judging by him always being in a serious relationship) that he needs a feeling of security of some woman. Don't be a part of his game. Be the better person and dont get yourself hurt.

Massimo

I have dumped someone when i still loved him very much, but i had a darn good reason to dump him. He cheated. And to this day i love the guy a lot, ill never give him another chance, but you just have to tuff it out and get over it. think of it as a learning experience, and you have no idead how much stronger it has made me... so my advice to you would be just to move on and live your life, becuase life is too short to wait around for someone who dumped you, especially if shes sleeping around, this is what i think is going throught his head (he may not know that hes doing this, but subconsciously he is)

Scenario 1) He feels guilty breaking up with you, so to make you feel better hes saying all those things to you becuase the guilt inside of him is ripping him to shreds. And if he says these nice things to you to make you feel better, he feels better

Scenario 2) Hes keeping you on the back burner to have someone to come back to if his other relationships dont work out, so he has the security of having someone there. Dont play his game, becuase if he loves you he would "find himself" by not sleeping around, that doesnt show love at all.

Good luck with everything hope my advice helps out.... and just keep this in mind, life can go on without him, be indipendant and show him how strong you are without him