If a man is cheating on his wife does that mean he does not love her????

but respect is very different from loving....so you mean he might love her but has no respect for her???????????

He might convince himself he does love her or actually do love her, but it's definitely NOT unconditional love. He is not commiting nor focusing on his wife, the woman he chose to marry and be faithful to.

but respect is very different from loving....so you mean he might love her but has no respect for her???????????

well.....yes, I guess that's what I am saying.

I think it depends on the individual situation mind you, but I think it IS possible to have an extra marital affair and still love your wife.

We do tend to respect the ones we love however; in MOST cases the two are hand-in-hand. They're not mutually exclusive, but USALLY co-exist - if that makes sense.

I LOVE my mum but have abolutely no repsect for her.

At the same time, I have a profound respect for my dad and I love him...sort of.

But BECAUSE I love my husband, I will treat him fairly and respect his feelings.

If someone is cheating that usually means they don't love the person they are cheating on because if they did they would truly be dedicated. Respect COMES with love, you cannot say that you love someone but not respect. Same with trust, trust comes with love as well.

I totally disagree.

Like I said earlier, I have NO respect for my mother but I do love her. As a person as my mum, etc. but I have no respect for her...... none.

I think that's very possible.

If someone is cheating that usually means they don't love the person they are cheating on because if they did they would truly be dedicated. Respect COMES with love, you cannot say that you love someone but not respect. Same with trust, trust comes with love as well.

that's what I thought to

If you love someone, truly love them, you would respect them and you wouldn't even want to be involved with someone else. Most people believe you can love someone but still cheat on them but honestly if someone truly is IN LOVE with someone, they wouldn't even think about it.

Sorry Xfault, I don't mean to pick on you but I disagree again.

I think sometimes people just get confused, and more than that selfish, and do things they totally regret that hurts the people they TRULY love. It happens...

I totally disagree.

Like I said earlier, I have NO respect for my mother but I do love her. As a person as my mum, etc. but I have no respect for her...... none.

I think that's very possible.

A love of parents to children is different from a love to your significant other and different from loving a pair of sandles.

No, it is different with family love and significant other wise. I've been cheated on so many times. Each guy said they loved me but I found out they didn't. Love for family may still be an emotion but it's a totally different emotion than love for significant others. Any psychology professor would agree.

A love of parents to children is different from a love to your significant other and different from loving a pair of sandles.

it actually si very different because love for family never ends and for a wife it actually may die and respect for a family is very rare these days (no offense)

I think you are speaking of a one time fling. I've been talking about those who cheat all the time constantly. If you cheat just once it could be a "in the heat of the moment" thing but all the time, you can't love the person if you do it all the time, you just can't. You are too selfish and disrespectful to love anyone but yourself and the sneaky little relationships you are having.

I think you are speaking of a one time fling. I've been talking about those who cheat all the time constantly. If you cheat just once it could be a "in the heat of the moment" thing but all the time, you can't love the person if you do it all the time, you just can't. You are too selfish and disrespectful to love anyone but yourself and the sneaky little relationships you are having.

Agreed. But I was answering the question is it possible to cheat and still love your wife.

To which apparently you agree, in the case of a one time fling, that YES, it IS possible.

That's all I was saying, yes, I think it's possible.

I think it is very possible to sleep with someone else while you're married and still love your partner.

Any psychology professor would surely agree....

I don't think you have to be a pyschology professor to agree. Of course you can still love your partner while cheating on them. It's why they very rarely leave their 'loved ones' for the other woman/man.

I think this love somehow slips onto the back burner when something hot comes along... until everyone gets burned that is.

I don't think you have to be a pyschology professor to agree. Of course you can still love your partner while cheating on them. It's why they very rarely leave their 'loved ones' for the other woman/man.

I think this love somehow slips onto the back burner when something hot comes along... until everyone gets burned that is.

I was winding her up with the "any psychology professor would agree" comment.....

sorry....

I was winding her up with the "any psychology professor would agree" comment.....

sorry....

It's ok, I'm with you on this one.

Those hoping that men don't love their wives because they are sleeping with them are in for one hell of a shock.