SO I'm going to be 18 in September and the guy I really really like is going to be 25 in August...is this a serious age difference? I know that he likes me and I really want things to work out but the age gap concerns him as well...

It's funny because we used to hate each other but now that I've gotten to know him he's a really nice guy and I do want to have a relationship with him I just don't want the disapproval of my parents and I want him to feel comfortable with it too..

Is there anyone who has this same situation of a 7 year age gap...and how did they handle it? I need advice!!

I once went out with someone who was 26 and I was 18. It only lasted for a while because it felt like I was kissing a brother. My Grandmother tried to get me to stop seeing him but I was adamant I was going to. I think she thought he was trying to get me into bed but that wasn't the case.

When we split up we remained friends.

The age difference only applies if the two of you think it does otherwise don't let it worry you.

Good luck with the relationship.

dont worry, it isnt a serious age gap. its not like he's old enough to be your dad or something (well, even if he is, it shouldnt be a problem coz you like him?) but yours is 7 years difference. the guy i like is 6 years older than me. im 19, he will be 25 this december. we're not officially together, but yeah, we're getting along. not much people knows his age and that doesnt bother me - but we did talk about it. (i guess most of them assume he's around my age coz he dont look like a 24 year old) his friends are around that age cohort and we get along fine too. bottom line: do not let age gap bother you..coz..well coz you like him. age is just a number. BUT if the age gap concerns both of you, you should both seriously discuss how it would affect you and other possibilities. i have heard stories of couples with an age gap. the guy treats the girl like a child, coz he assume that people her age shud be bla bla.. (not trying to scare you. just try to picture it)

• 8 months later...