Stay strong...It get's better

I come back to this forum every few months to give back a little... because the people here helped me so much during my darkest days. I remember the depths of despair and the agony of losing the love of my life. Only time can heal a broken heart. It's been over 1 year since my breakup. I'm doing great in every way.

The ONLY thing that will help those of you who are hurting is TIME. You will read about other's similar problems, trying to understand what went wrong with you're own broken relationship. In TIME it becomes clear that it wasn't meant to be. Move on. Have a great life. Learn from the experience whether it was 6 months, 1 year, 5 years, whatever.

NO ONE could have helped me at the time of my breakup with the insomnia, pain, devastation, etc. It did help me greatly to know so many others go thru the same thing via this forum and that I was not alone with my feelings of despair....and then my eventual healing.

After my breakup, I focused, (with a passion), on becoming financially secure. By the grace of God that has become a reality.

Strength be with you all in your time of need. Take it ONE DAY AT A TIME.

The misery does end... And then a new beginning.

raangerider,

I'm glad you're doing well and this might sound odd, but how are you doing other than financially? I assume the breakup affected you beyond your fiscal situation.

Dako,

Not odd at all. Glad to respond.

I'm your age and have 3 grown children. I'm very good friends at this time of my life with my ex wife, (my childrens mom). I have been in short term relationships with a couple women in the past year but nothing serious and I prefer it that way. My son told me just last week he hopes he can be half the dad I am to him for his kids when he has a family one day. I was sincerely touched by his sentiment. My children truly make my life complete. To answer your question, I'm at a very wonderful place in my life at this time. I look back at my breakup with the woman who kind of rocked my world for awhile and realize now it was a very toxic relationship and I'm so much better off being out of it.

I have lifelong friends who have been fortunate enough thru real estate investments to become quite wealthy. I have plans to relocate, (at least part of the year), out west in the near future where these friends are. (One buddy has a several thousand acre working ranch).

So, God has been good to me. I'm strong emotionally and physically. Now I can see that my breakup was one of the best things that could have happened. Although I was blinded by "love" at the time and thought my world was over. It was a great blessing in hindsight.

There are rarely good endings to relationships. But we can learn from them and use them to our advantage in the future.

Love sure can "hurt". But I guess it's worth the trouble