my supervisor scares me

when i first started this job, i worked really hard. i was always on time, always on top of things, always had everything done, volunteered for more work etc. and then my top supervisor gave me a not so good review.

i was really upset because i don't work with her directly (i work with some of the other ladies a lot more). so i started to lose motivation and i didn't work as hard as before.

but now she's really scaring me. i don't think she is that nice.....or that friendly.....i just feel really wary of her. the other ladies are nicer, im okay with them. but this one.....i just make all sorts of stupid mistakes...or small errors. and i feel like it's not okay to make mistakes around her.

and the other day, i felt like she was accusing me of lying. and it's not like i meant to. she was like "i thought u said u were going to come in yesterday." and i said "i did" and she said "what time did you come in?" and i quickly blurted out "umm......12?" (actually now that i think about it it was probably like 12:30 or 1) and she said "no you didn't".

and she was so snappy she made me jump out of my skin. but i mean, it's not like i was trying to lie, she just caught me off guard, and she scares me so i just said the quickest thing i could think of. (and i have spent hours working overtime in the office without counting it on my timesheet)

so, i don't know how to get on her good side again.

maybe she was just concerned with the fact that she thought one of her employees didn't show up when they were suppose to... and then when you couldn't give her an exact time you came in, she probably added that to her fire and was still angry.......

which sucks.......next time just mark down the time u went in or something? or tell her there's un-necessary tension...

First thing, do all you can to cover yourself. Make sure you come in on time work hard get the work done, basically make it impossible for her to try pick out something and also be prepared to back up anything if she tries.

Second thing, if it really is upsetting you talk to one of the supervisors that you trust and ask if you can talk to them in confidence about concerns you're having. It may be that this boss is having other issues and isn't thinking about what she's doing.

What did she say on the review? Was she at all constructive, or even accurate?

Some people are just bullies and feel the need to pick on someone, which is sad. The absolute last resort would be to make a harrasment complaint against her.

i was in your situation what i did was exactly what mrmister wrote so far my manager not much on my case anymore i used to be nervous wreck around him our difference is he will put me in the schedule only on his shift his reason was i cant work with others until i get perfect last week i was sent to work to a different branch for emergency and when i got back this week he was like another person he became nice and just different in a good way and gave me positive feedback good luck to you.

Most employers will really want you to be on time, meaning they want you to be there 10 mins before you official working hours start. Before my current job I worked at a bank, and we'd all be there around 8am, when starting at 8:30 am. One of my ex coworkers there will lose his job at the end of this year, because he was always to late. Being too late means being flaky, and an employer needs to be able to rely on your punctuality.

I don't think this incident is really meant personally to you. As long as you do your work the way it's required, and come on time, things should turn out ok. If this DOES turn out to be a personal thing between you and her, consider talking to HER boss.

Ilse

Do Not Let Him You Have Rights And Any Way Tell Him That He Does Not Fritten Me S Go Away And Leave Me Alone

Sorry Jimmy, pretty much can guarantee if you do it that way you'll be fired.

Life isn't like TV and movies, if a supervisor has a hurt on for you, and you're unlucky, life can be hell and you may end up being terminated even if you do nothing wrong.

If you do anything MAKE VERY SURE it is with a supervisor or manager you trust very much who will not rat you out to the one you're having an issue with. Even the best of intentions could lead another supervisor or manager to mention something about the situation to the one you are having issues with and it gets worse fast.

The best situation is either one of you transfers to another department, or one of you leaves the company.

Life can be terribly harsh in the working world and if you get into an issue with a superior of any type it can be hellishly tough to get out from under it.

In general, as the other posters say, make sure you do you job, come in on time, don't take long breaks etc. It's a balance sometimes. If you are in the building whenever she gets in she can't complain about you being "late". If she works odd hours, this can be difficult. It can also annoy certain people if you always appear to be there. Best thing is to stick to your regular work hours, arrive a couple minutes early, leave a couple minutes late and don't be seen as in a hurry to leave. Make sure your manager knows and approves of all your away time, late time, appointments etc. Try to let the problem supervisor know that whenever she talks to you, your hours are approved directly through your manager and he/she is perfectly happy and up to date on everything. Same with all your tasks, refer any issues back to your manager and make sure you keep him/her well informed.

One issue in general you can get into in a work place is a perceived shift in performance. Even if you were doing 2 times the work of the person beside you, if you slip to 1.5 times the work somebody might notice and criticize you for not working to expectations. Yep, completely and totally unfair but it happens, and it happens a lot. Any chance this is related to the bad review?

One trick you can use if you are a high achiever is when you start a new job is to pace yourself and not try to do everything all at once. That way if you need to crank it up a notch you can. It sets a more moderate expectation, and if you judge it all correctly, that level they are used to you working at is still higher than average. Use the extra time to work on small projects for other people without of course hiding it from your manager. This way you are doing a good job for your manager, and side tasks for others the exact amount of effort which your manager isn't fully aware of. It allows you to work hard and do well, without one single person realizing you're making a huge effort, but keeping your own manager more than happy and some other supervisors happy because you are helpful. Yep, a juggling act for sure, but it works for some people. I used to do that in one place I worked, leaving extra research projects to do on the side alongside regular work.