Well he ended it on Monday (over the phone) and yesterday was the first day of a new me and it was scary!.

There were two things about yesterday that I hated, the first was that it was his birthday and the second was that I normally climb on a tuesday with him and our friends that we have made together.

I am not cruel, I sent him the last text I will ever send him yesterday simply stating "happy birthday", he replied this morning saying thank you and that he knew it had been hard for me to send that.

Secondly, I wanted to share that day with him and climb but I couldn't so I joined a new group. I went on the internet and met a new group, and even picked up a woman I have never met and drove for 40 minutes to a climbing wall and met a further 10 or so people and climbed with them. It was not easy, I had feelings of anxiousness all night, fear of them not liking me, fear of them ridiculing me, fear of just having to let go of my other friends that remind me constantly of him.

I got through it and came home and cried, but once I was home I felt safe. But it was hard, I saw couples climbing and giggling and kissing each other and I kept thinking, "i miss him thats what we did". It hurt lots, but at the same time I think that if I had left if another week, I would never had gone, I think I needed to force myself out last night...just like I need to address my fears and anxiety that I feel right now...because until I get them out of my system I will never move on.

On a good note, they asked me back tomorrow to go to another wall, which made me happy and the girl I gave a lift to asked me in for a drink to her house when I dropped her off...so I cant be all that bad eh?

Isn't life scary? but exciting at the same time!

Hi Sabena!

Good to hear that life hasn't stopped ! You are taking the correct steps - keeping up your interest and making new friends and looking after yourself. Exciting is exactly it !! Never ending challenges, but challenges are exciting. You will be fine - well done on getting over the birthday - they can be particularily hard to do

Keep up the good attitude !

Charmed

The first few days after a break up are the worse .I feel you.

Today however is my third day!!!

Day 1: Crying, reminescing on the good times, remembering the bad, hating him, loving him, struggling to pick up the phone and call...just complete mixed feelings and thoughts.

Day 2: I think I saw a little light of Hope

*still hurting though*

Two days without calling so far, no communications, and ignored a IM that he sent me yesturday (now thats what I call progress for me)!!!! Now, I can't find new groups of friends, because me and him share friends bummer so I have no choice but to run into the scum bag. Im going to run into him this Friday at a party that a friend is having. That will be my real challenge. I gotta keep away from him, without being rude of course, just enough to let him know that I'm not his anymore.

Eeek! Breakups sUck!!! But You just gotta go through the torture and pain before something better comes along.

Good Luck

Cristina

Well I'm on day seven and since he dumped me I've found out he snogged two other girls. Great. This would be fine I suppose if I was sixteen. But I'm 25!! And he's 29!!!!!!! What an absolute, utter, selfish, inconsiderate and unbelievably small willied wanker!

Hmph I feel better after that actually.

Do you ever think about what has happened to you and wonder how the hell you managed to make it this far and ask yourself 'did that really happen to me?'

One of those things I suppose. I know on day fourteen I'll be getting somewhere.

What helps even more though is that I haven't seen him now for two weeks. And I don't miss him.

I'm just so so angry at how he treated me! He was supposed to love me. And be my friend. Friends don't treat each other like that.