Hanging out with the ex again

It's been 2 months since I broke up with the ex.

After breaking up with him, I tried to convince him to give the relationship one more chance, to which he said no.

Went back and forth between self-imposed no contact, but couldn't bring myself to cut connections for more than a couple of weeks.

Now I'm hanging out with him again on a regular basis. Half hoping that things would once again work out between us. Half knowing that i made the right decision to break up and happy that I'm single.

Is this unhealthy? I think that NC might be the best, but I tried and tried and couldn't. I was pretty much manic depressive when I cut contact. What do I do?

sometimes i feel like i've done everything...i flew 5000 miles away where my cell phone didn't work and internet access was limited. i went out every night til 3am. hung out with friends, with other guys. took up karate. worked 10-12 hour days.

couldn't get him out of my head....the more i ran away, the more the past seemed to catch up with me. in the end, broke no-contact when i came back into town.

i am normally a person of tremendous self-discipline, but this appears to be my achilles heel. i wish i could be much stronger than this

Maybe running away isn't the answer. In order to push emotions away you have to get pretty close to them, you know what I mean?

You said that you know that you made the right decision in ending the relationship but maybe you still need to process the hurt and face it so to speak. Sometimes even the best decision for everyone is a little painful at first.

Don't try to get him out of your head. Allow yourself some time alone to truly reflect apon the relationship.

if you still have feelings for him, and he doesn't feel the same way, then spending time with him is not the healthiest choice for you...you are choosing to experience unrequited love

does he know that you still have feelings for him? do you feel comfortable having an open, honest discussion with him?

we've had a discussion.

he said that he still loves me very much, but that getting back together right now would be a bad idea because we're bound to fall back into the old ways.

i think it makes sense and i agree with him. but some part of me just wants to try again immediately.

i've spent the last two months trying to process every single feeling i have. i'm exhausted and drained...

getting back together right now would be a bad idea because we're bound to fall back into the old ways

he's not that into you

if I wanted to be with someone, I wouldn't make excuses like this

I think you should keep communicating with him, find out what is really going on here

it's not okay to string you along if he is not really interested in getting back together...and hanging out with him is going to really hurt you

he doesn't seem as invested or as ready/willing as you are to try again