Well heres a recap..for the last 8 months Ive had the thoughts to quit my job. My g/f at the time knew I was capable of more than just working at a grocey store. (heres a small recap ) In the end of the relationship there'd seldom be a night where I didnt complain about the work, or the workers. One time it got so bad we took a break from seeing each other and she eventually broke it off. I feel this job had a major part in our relationship ending. I also feel that I should try to find other work.. however heres the kicker. I've been 1 month NC after explaining I couldnt just be a 'friend'. My ex works in the place where youth can go to look at job board for all of town. Id like to go in now and then but I'm really still interested in getting back together with her. I know I have to improve myself in my career paths but I'm not sure if this will affect my NC. I also dont want her thinking im only going in there to see her. Advice?

If she talks to you just be polite and say, 'Hi' and return to looking for a job. It's her problem if she thinks you're there to see her. Finding a job is more important than staying away because she'll think you're trying to see her.

Also, if you go in and pay her no attention and don't look bothered (even if it does hurt you) you'll have achieved something. Do that and be proud of yourself.

Good luck

My G/F of almost 5 byrs. dumped me back in Sept. 05 mainly because of my job. (I'm a security guard) Granted, she made almost twice as much as me but she didn't respect the fact that I really enjoy what I do. Yeah, I know I need to make more money. Doesn't everybody to some degree?. But, if it really was your job that caused your relationship to end, then buddy...she just isn't worth your time. She's after one thing 7 that is your wallet!!!. Just my 2 1/2 cents about that.

it wasnt so much the job or money, just kinda complaining about it..with the two jobs going full time I made a little bit more than her.

I'm kinda concerned what this would do for NC if I'm in there everday again, she feels my presense around her. which negates the past month of nc..