killing the insecurity demon

well, there is a qoute "there is nothing worst to fear then fear itself"

i have found that AT times i am able to control insecurity by ask myself and finding out exactly what i fear to beat the insecurity bug.

Ask yourself,

"What are you exactly afraid off?"

"is this something that i should really be afraid off?"

"is this thing that i am afai off so important that i cannot live my life?"

let me give you a hint- realisation that the last 2 questions should answer a "NO" is a good start. If any of them is a "yes" then you have to start putting things into perspective.

It means that what ever this thing that you have OR are doing shouldnt be as far up your priority list a it is now. Bring it down a notch or two in you head.

dazed, I don't have a professional answer but I can tell you somethings that MAY work. If you can't excorcise the demon on your own tho - I suggest counseling...

Self affirmation - I've said it a million times. Its goofy and a bit cheesey, but it works. Try telling yourself positive messages.

Make reachable goals and then reach them. Little successes add up to pride and the knowledge that you CAN do it.

Allow yourself mistakes. Don't beat yourself up or berate yourself for failure. Know that they are a part of success.

Believe in yourself. Sometimes, you're all you got. You're down on yourself, who's gonna be your cheerleader? You gotta do it.

Anyone have problems with insecurity. Looking for suggestions on how to kill this demon for good.

Our insecurities are reactions to feelings and emotions that we are supressing deep inside and they surface in terms of anxiety, anger, and insecurity. You have to peel away at the insecurity and ask yourself what is causing you to be insecure. It usually means slowing down a lot, breathing and looking inside yourself for the rich 'well' that you have within you that holds all that is beautiful and powerful within you. If you can define to yourself in your own mind what is causing the insecurity you can learn to fight it easily. Usually this means making a decision that you are more powerful than you insecurity and that you are willing and committed to kill it.

Coming to this realization may involve weeks of therapy, group therapy, reading, excersise, nutrition, and spirituality. You will need to find someone that you admire or who is a role model to help you work through the insecurity. The most powerful thing you can do is to work through it and finish this work to succeed.

Best -

Bondgirl

ty ta ree saw, I know it comes from being emotional abused and stuff growing up. I have delt with alot of the anger I have. But its hard.

I also still deal with a Post Traumatic Stress Disorder that started when I was 16 and witnessed a murder. When someone shot 2 people point blank right in front of me.

So yes I have alot of demons im exercising. I just try and take one day at a time and hope that eventually they all leave for good.