I was very excited today when I found out that I've been chosen for an interview at the hospital as a registration representative. The thing is that i'm scared stiff because I've never had an interview in my entire life because all of my jobs so far have been work study. I was hoping for some advice from you guys on what typical interview questions are asked and how I should prepare myself. I've heard that a common question is "What are your weaknesses" any ideas on the best way to answer this? Thanks for all your help!!

I have known people to say one of their weaknesses is being too helpful. When they say explain. She told them that she'd end up doing her job and half of their's too.

One popular question they ask in England is 'Where do you see yourself in 5 years?' You could say being promoted to a secretary or something like that depending what you want to do.

Good luck with the interview.

As an employer I always ask the question 'where do you see yourself in 5 yrs?' because I want to get a sense of that persons long term goals and drive.

I also ask the following:

'how well do you relate to others?'

'how would your friends describe your personality?'

'if you don't know the answer to something. What would you do?' (this may seem like a silly question but it's not.) the answer I like to hear is 'I would ask someone' (it's amazing how many people just try to bluff their way and make errors)

Just remember though there are usually no right or wrong answers. An employer is normally just trying to assess your personality and determine how well you will fit into the environment, and handle the position. These things are a lot more valuable than experience, especially if you are new to the workforce. A person who is open to learning can always be taught.

Good luck!