What are some things that you do in your LDR to keep the "love" alive? Or better yet, show your partner that you love them, especially if you're far away from each other? I feel like my boyfriend has forgot about this aspect of our relationship in the last few weeks and want to get some ideas on how to get in touch with our "affectionate" side. I want some new ideas that go beyond the "I love you" through IM or on the phone.

About all I've come up with is maybe sending an ecard online or greeting cards in the mail ... I'm kinda lost.

Any suggestions?

Have you ever sent a guy flowers? To his workplace even? etc? This is a real stunner. Believe me, men like that too. Especially because it's so rare from a woman.

I think you made a good point about IM and the phone - you're talking about all the ways you stay connected. What you might want to think about are the "unconnected" things. For example, writing a poem to him when you are not talking to him, or doing other things while you are not actually communicating. This shows your preoccupation with your partner when they are not around.

I've done the dirty text messages and emails, but never thought about revealing some fantasy over the course of a few days to him. That would be something interesting to do.

Autumn ... yes, I have thought about the flowers thing. When it was his birthday, I really debated and even asked 3 different guys about whether to send flowers or not. They all gave very different answers and decided to scratch that idea. I later talked to him about it (I caved cuz I didn't know what to get for his birthday) and he didn't seem THAT into the idea of getting flowers. I on the other hand would LOVE LOVE LOVE for him to get me flowers (i've never received flowers before), but we ladies tend to enjoy flowers.

I've done the dirty text messages and emails, but never thought about revealing some fantasy over the course of a few days to him. That would be something interesting to do.

Autumn ... yes, I have thought about the flowers thing. When it was his birthday, I really debated and even asked 3 different guys about whether to send flowers or not. They all gave very different answers and decided to scratch that idea. I later talked to him about it (I caved cuz I didn't know what to get for his birthday) and he didn't seem THAT into the idea of getting flowers. I on the other hand would LOVE LOVE LOVE for him to get me flowers (i've never received flowers before), but we ladies tend to enjoy flowers.

Maybe over the course of a week to 10 days.

though it may sound cheesy or stupid, when i was in a long distance relationship i would try to find cards, postcards, or random things to send to my boyfriend that represented inside jokes that we had, or reminded me of memories we made together. this not only shows that you think about him, but also shows that you bask in activities and conversations the two of you share. surprises in the mail are always nice, too.