Intimidating?

i actually love an athletic girl. ever since i lost 30lbs and re-gain my athleticism, i found that athletic girls are what challenges you to be healthy in the physical sense.

if they have the intellect to challenge you in the mental and emotional sense,they are a keeper!

I would love to find a girl who'd do sports with (or without) me. Cos I like playing soccer, gym, jogging, all kinds of weird stunts etc. and would love to find a girl who did them with me. Oh and she would be in good shape too, and that would force me to be in good shape too because there would be a bit of contest then

If she's like, on totally different level than me, like someone could be winning in next olympics, then I probably wouldn't do sports with her, but at least I would be admiring her skills.. that's what I always do, admire real skill. Can't be bad if a girl has some true skill.

Yeah, I mean, I'm not one of those girly girls who loves to dress up and do their nails and take an hour or 2 to get ready in the morning... But I have a great personality, can have some blonde moments, lol, I have a sense of humor, and I just happen to be pretty good at almost every sport, even if I don't play it. I mean, in gym the other day, I was the only girl picked for kickball (seniors last day in gym, we screwed around) and so, I was just wondering if I could be a lil' bit intimidating...

ok well, if you start bench pressing more than I do, or generally beating me in weight lifting -type of things, then I might get just a little bit intimidated..

I mean, look at those east european weight lifter women who have their voices low as men and sprouting beards and stuff

But that's just extremes

Lol, yeah I'm definitely not like that, hahaa. I play soccer and softball at a very high level. I mean, I like to look good, but it's comfortable, like t-shirt and jeans or something like that. But the girls who are like, OMG I BROKE A NAIL!! i'm definitely not like that, lol... Tha's just plain annoying to me... haha

I can't stand athletic girls. (What mean by that is, I am not the least bit attracted to that "type", if it is a "type.") Since I can't stand sports, it doesn't appeal to me if she likes sports. One less thing we have in common.

But that's just my opinion. Think nothing of it.

Lol, I've been to Europe. I've been to England, France, Austria, Germany, Italy, Liechtenstein, and Switzerland. I went with a select music group last summer to tour for all of the Europeans. It was an awesome experience. I want to go to Switzerland for my honeymoon, I've decided, lol.

oh nice, but you have missed the true gem of Europe, Finland. We have the highest income taxes, the most expensive food and the worst manners in the whole Europe.

Then again we have the cleanest water, the best education and the best social security in the whole world, so maybe you should move in here after that honeymoon of yours, which is gonna take place.. in... Switzerland.. (??)

no I haven't. Finland rocks, that's why.

What kind of stuff you have in States? Or in Missouri? I heard you have some Finnish design in St.Louis.. perhaps you know this? link removed

Not to put down Finnish design, but I drew arcs like that when I was 7.. but okay.. think you guys paid for that so..

if I was to come to States, where should I go?

Well, if you were to come to the States, there's a lot of places. I mean Florida or California's always nice, but if you want like sightseeing you could go there too, or Colorado. Those attract a lot of attention. There's Yellowstone National Park. Pretty cool. Bears roam around there and stuff. There's a TON of stuff to do here. Just kinda depends where ya go. In KC, Missouri, we have Worlds of Fun, a totally stellar rollar coaster park, and Oceans of fun, a water park. Um, St. Louis has 6 flags and of course the famous St. Louis Arch. It's pretty cool, though a lot of us from this side of Missouri really dislike the St. Louis side, because they're sooo cocky and think they're better than everyone. Which was great when we stuck it to them and won State last year in HS Soccer and beat the St. Louis teams... But yeah.. lol

What part of Finland should I go to if I were to go there?

St.Louis hate? A bit like what we think of Sweden, only that we haven't beaten them recently, instead we suffered devastating 5-4 draw against Sweden in ice hockey few years ago. But 5-4 is not a draw, you say? Yep it's not, but don't ask questions.. Losing olympic gold to them this year keeps up the spirit too!

Yellowstone sounds nice, I like outdoors a lot. I bet it's a bit like Lapland.. which is something you really should visit if and when you come to Finland. Lapland during winter or autumn is amazing. I googled quickly few pics of it:

link removed

link removed

During summer the sun doesn't go down, during winter it barely goes up. During summer you could go hiking, during winter either skiing, snowmobile riding or taking a dog team or something.

However, the best guide to Finland is the episode of Late Night with Conan O'Brien where they hung a week in Finnish winter it was great.

So when you will arrive?

Do guys find athletic girls that can beat them at sports and such intimidating? Do they see them as just one of the guys?

Not in my experience. I am athletically competitive (cycling mostly these days) - I mountain bike, run, lift weights (and for my softer side, do yoga!) among other various things I love to try out.

I have a background in freestyle wrestling, field hockey, swimming.

I get along great with other men, and can hold my own, but I have never had a problem finding someone whom sees me as a woman either!

I am sure it turns some guys off, but hey, those aren't the guys for me anyway, since lifestyle compatibility is important to me...

So, you get paid for advertising Finland, eh? lol... wow..

I wish some of these guys that are attracted to athletic girls would move here. I mean, I have PLENTY of guy friends, but idk, sometimes, I feel as if I'm seen as one of the guys a lot because I'm sooo athletic... Idk.. maybe I'm just weird, lol...

So, you get paid for advertising Finland, eh? lol... wow..

lol, I was kidding.. should have put a smiley there so you would have gotten the joke but here's some smileys for you afterwards

yeah it sucks when you don't find people who share same interests with you. Just keep looking.

or hey, why don't you move in here?

A saint louis hater!! grr, hehe (ya we have a lot of snobs here, just like chicago )

Anyway, it depends on the guy really. I mean an athletic (I soo can't spell today) guy will not be intimidated by an athletic girl. However, a non athletic guy will be intimidated by an athletic girl in my thoughts.

For example I'm not really athletic (Going to change that I am) and since I am not athletic I may be threatened by this. (I haven't been, but it does make me step it up a notch so to speak). You tend to feel inadequate when you're not athletic and they are.

Kind of like an intelligence thing as well. If one person is REALLY insanely smart and the other isn't. Sometimes the person is going to feel inadequate. It takes your effort to keep that from happening no matter the case.

First off, I am attracted to athletic girls. Secondly, I'm attracted to any woman that has a nice body, it all matters on their personality if I pursue it.

If it breathes, has 2 x chromosomes, and has a porportional body, and a kick * * * personality. Yes, I'll prolly date it

I'm not picky.