Can a doctor give you a physical...

Alright, so my friend has to go to the doctor tomorrow. She simply has to get two shots for college. That's all that is required by the college. She has a physical, but not by her regular doctor. It was in a sports clinic for school in January. She scared that the doctor will try to give her a physical since that doctor ha not given her a physical in a few years. I told her that her doctor cannot give her a physical if she doesn't want them too, no matter what,especially b/c she's simply there to get two shots. Can somebody please confirm this. She's trying to make me go with her tomorrow, but I'm trying to assure her that it'll be fine.

Nope. A doctor cannot give you a physical unless you request for one.

As an aside, I remember when I had to get aphysical as part of my college application. the doctor wrote down I had a Tattoo; when my dad found out, hoooo boy, he was pissed.

Got to love being a rebel

haha nice.

the doctor cant give you a physical by force... whats he gonna do strap you down while you scream "no please, dont!"

Nope. A doctor cannot give you a physical unless you request for one.

As an aside, I remember when I had to get aphysical as part of my college application. the doctor wrote down I had a Tattoo; when my dad found out, hoooo boy, he was pissed.

Got to love being a rebel

They write that type of stuff down? My doctor used to always question me about drugs. She was convinced I was on something.

haha nice.

the doctor cant give you a physical by force... whats he gonna do strap you down while you scream "no please, dont!"

Yeah, I know. But she says she thinks her doctor will say something like "well we'd better give you a physical before we give you these shots." But they just have to take your temperature b/c you cannot get certain vaccines if your temp is above 101.

They write that type of stuff down? My doctor used to always question me about drugs. She was convinced I was on something.

No; the school gave me a specific piece of paper to have filled out, and asked about "skin abnormalities."

Of course I volunteered that I had a tattoo when he asked. He wanted to see, and so I showed him. "Wow thats bad * * *," was his response.

My dad's response "You're the stupidest kid on this planet."

Gotta love family.