Well, as you all told me to do, i went on MSN last night to re-block and delete my ex from my list.

As soon as I logged on, he started a conversation with me it started like this:

Him: I know i'm the last person you would expect to speak to you but i need to know, is R and A's party on friday or saturday? Your their close friend, that's why i'm asking you.

Me: Saturday

Him: Thanks, u ok

The conversation just flowed from there. I was so surprised. I didn't want to speak to him but he just kept talking and talking.

We only touched conversation about our relationship twice. The first time was when he said "gosh i really don't know what to wear" and i told him he sounded like a woman and he said "shows your taste in men doesn't it lol" and the second time was when he was asking if anyone new was in the frame and if i'm going to pull on saturday.

Basically, we both made it clear that we don't want to get back together, but we still want to be friends. I think that would work. While talking to him i realised that he's more like a brother to me now, which i guess seems weird but good as it means i CAN be his friend without having any other feelings for him.

In a way, i'm glad i didn't block him now, i feel more settled to know that we can talk and not bring the past up etc.

Thanks for all of your advice yesterday though, i know i went against it but it worked for me in the end

Don't be it just on a day to day basis..

I'm just one person who is against friends with ex's. I can see getting back, I can see it all.. But no friendship.

I just can't see being content sitting there talking to someone just months ago I was doing anything and sharing everything with, and now I'm hearing it from her mouth about someone else, and her problems.

Thats just something you CAN go through live without knowing. Friendship sucks with ex's.