Please Help

Go to where the girls are. Take some nightschool classes that are more likely to have women in them - art classes, art appreciation, pottery, tai chi or some of these things. It's a great place to meet them as you have something to talk about right away (the class)

Talk to everybody, be very friendly, even be friendly to women you are not attracted to or are not a possibility - maybe they have a sister or a friend. Be sincere though.

Chat up store clerks or the girl at starbucks. Don't hit on them (you probably won't be able to pick them up on the job anyways) but be friendly. Maybe you will run into them somewhere else and they will remember you and you can take it from there.

Go out alot. And I mean alot. You won't meet anyone hanging around your house. Go to the park, free events, museums, art galleries, poetry readings, anywhere and everywhere. Keep an open mind! Oh right, and when you do go out - look good, carry a book and a smile.

When you do get a date (and you will) just act normal, practice dating, don't think of it as this big huge deal and the rest of your life depends on it. Just enjoy the moment. If she's into then she'll let you know - watch for the signs.

Have faith - she's out there, you just have to find her!! Good luck

ps forget single bars or on-line dating. Thats for those with no imagination, crazies or totally desperate people. Watch me get flamed for this sentence but I know - I've tried it.

Since your 20 i'll assume that you either have a job or go to school.

So if you go to school:

-Start being more social in class. Take to people and ask if you can join or start a study group. Believe it or not, i'd rather study with people on a saturday night than stay at home and watch tv. Start talking to the girl you like most in the study group.

-After getting to know a few people, instead of studying try going out to a movie or a party. Then soon you will be in their circle of friends. Find someone you are interested in and start talking to them.

That are the first few steps of getting out of a slump.

If you have a job:

-Start being more friendly at work and and ask some of your colleagues if they wanted to get something to eat after work. Soon you will become more than their colleaugue and become friends.

-If you see a cute woman at work start talking to her. when you feel like you know her well enough ask her if she would like to grab something to eat. soon you will get her number and start dating.

Those are just quick tips.

i agree with the above posters. i was in your situation for a real long time because i am really not the bar/club/party goer type so i never got to meet many girls. this is what i did, and i suggest that you try also. online matching, like link removed personals or link removed. i have been online dating for about a year now, and although i am still single, i have actually met a lot of girls this way. also try making new friends, not necessarily girls, lets say you make some new guy friends at work or school and hang out a lot with them, chances are one of them may have a friend or even a really cute sister that may like you. just my 2 cents, good luck.

Let your friends know you want to date/have a girlfriend. Spread the word. For some reason, telling people you know that you are looking... sorta helps move things along. Other tips: Be more social, be healthy, dress well. MMMMM and get a job or if you have one save money. Because my boyfriend informed me that "love is expensive."