hey everyone. My ex had borrowed a bunch of money from me when we were dating, and he promised to pay it all back. I told my current bf about this and he thinks I should get my money back now, because i have certain loans I need to pay off and this would really help. Should I ask him for the money back? He's always bragging about the amount of money he makes now. Or should I just forget I ever had that money?

if it's a lot of money you should go after him for sure. i hate people like that and can't understand them.. your good enough to lend them cash when they need it, the least they can do is pay it back once they're able too. if i owed someone a dollar, they would get it back.. not everyone is like that. some say lend me this and that but really what they mean is give me that.. i wouldn't lend someone like that money again, you learn from your first mistake. if it's not too much, i'll forget it but they'll never get money from me again... if it's lots, do what you can to get it back even if you have to go through the courts.

Yes, you should absolutely ask for it back, no matter how much it was. Not because you are being mean, stingy or petty, but because it is yours. Even if the EX refuses to return it, you will feel better for standing up for your own needs. If it's alot of money, and he/she refuses, you may need to head to small claims court, or your countries equalivent.

shyanne is right. This all depends on how much money it is. Ask for it back if it's not a small amount, and if he can't pay you back all in one shot, put him on a payment plan where he pays you a portion of it each week or month.

If he refuses to pay you back and it's too much money for you to let go, you'll have to sue him if you want it back.

Did you part on good terms?

It's a tricky situation because if he's the kind of guy to pretend as though you gave him that money without expectations to pay you back, he probably won't. And unless you have proof that he promised to pay you back, then it could be hard to get it if he's going to be difficult about it.

But definitely try to get it back.