Ok everyone, I need some advice. When I was a wee lad at the age of 12 I had a girlfriend. She was awesome and when we broke up at the age of 13 (oh my) I was devastated. Anyway, during all of high school we never spoke to each other or even looked in the other's direction. I am now 24 and it was at my 20th birthday that a friend of mine had invited her to come to the party. That night, she and I hooked up for the night. Now, the next night we went out and she mentions to me how her and her ex are going to try and work things out, I was upset but not totally surprised. (She has had many a bf in her day) So, we became good friends and then I met another girl who I dated for 4 yrs and we recently broke up.

Now, she asked me recently if I was ready for a new relationship w/ her. I really like her and always thought I would one day marry this girl, but I have trust issues with her. People are also telling me that I shouldnt because she has been hard on all her other boyfriends by cheating this that and the next thing. People even bring up our relationship in High School and to that I say "What relationship?", they say she will hurt me again but something tells me I should give it a chance. But, I am also someone who once said "Ill never make that mistake again." and don't want to be a hipocrite.

Does anyone know what I am going through? Please help guide me in the right direction.

Go with your gut feeling bro, and don't make this decision based on rumors and 'hear-says' that you friends have been telling you.

You never had a REAL relationship with her in the first place, you just simply hooked up with her one night and she let you know about her ex, so you've really got nothing to base any of the fears that you may have on.

I'd say, if you want it, go for it...

She's seems to have a flakey past and I personally wouldn't get involved in this. However I don't think you're here to ask us whether or not you should do this. I think you plan to, it's just your gut knows you shouldn't and you're conflicting because you really want to even though you know it's not a good idea.

Don't make it serious. Keep her as not a "girlfriend" but as a girl you are "seeing". Also, NEVER cater to this girl and never become a pushover who's trying to please her. You have every right to say, "You know, I'll give this a shot but I am wary because of what's happened in the past. So if this starts to not look good for me, I'm gone." and MEAN IT. Seriously, don't stick around on a flakey selfish girl. If you do she will take advantage of you and cheat on you, tearing your heart to shreds.

If you do plan on doing this-and I know you are-please don't let yourself get attached.