have you heard of this?

Hey, yeah I did it for a while. Don't recommend it. You basically got to resurants and stores and observe the employees and the atmosphere. You rate them and make a report about their customer service, friendliness, helpfulness, ect. Sometimes they'll pay you for your meal, or allow you to keep the items you purchased (which were on their list). After I signed up it took 7 months for them to send me an assignment. It also only works for you if you are located close to a larger city.

I have heard a lot of them (the ones online) are scams. A lot of them require you send THEM money first. Never take a job where you have to send money to THEM. Unless you are actually buying a company or franchise! There was a radio spot on here talking to people whom had sent money off to become part of this club, and lost it.

There are real secret shopper jobs you do though where you get hired by a company to go hang out in malls and watch for shoplifters, or rate customer service at stores, restaurants, service shops, etc so they can analyze their service or employees - depending what they hired you for. For that, call around to local agencies or look in the classifieds of the newspaper.