She's worried; need advice.

ddriver7

I know these types of threads probably come up often, but i need some input. My gf and i almost had sex. I didn't have a condom on, which was a mistake. I couldn't tell exactly how far it went in, but i think the very tip was either just barely inside of her, or pushed up to her opening. Then i stopped right away. Before then it rubbed against her a lot. I doubt it went in but it may have just a little. As soon as it happened she freaked out because of the risk. I didn't cum during or before this. And afterwards it didn't look like i had any pre-cum coming out of me. I know there was probably some at first but there wasn't any after. She worries A LOT when it comes to this stuff. Her period is supposed to start in about 6 days.

Should we be worried?? thanks.

I have found numerous times on this board, that people recommend to others to run and get the morning-after pill. I think this is dangerous. These drugs have the potential of dangerous side effects and in MY opinion should only be used in extreme, last-resort situations. Just my opinion.

If your partner is worrying A LOT in this type of situation, it tells me you two are getting yourself into the situation over and over again.

Is this true? Perhaps its time to seriously consider a more effective type of birth control than sheer luck. Or to agree not to fool around without birth control.

Yes, a woman can get pregnant by just rubbing a penis around the vaginal opening. It's not unheard of, but it is a bit unusual.

As I understand it, the precum you mention doesn't offer the proper ph/acid balance for sperm to survive in. It's a cleansing fluid to prepare a path for the liquid holding the sperm.

Since you did not orgasm, the odds of her being pregnant are not high.

As I have mentioned in another thread, every time you have sex, protected or not, you take a risk of pregnancy and STD. Every time.

I got pregnant on the pill as have many, many women. And I never missed one. Never.

My understanding is, that a combination of methods provides the best protection against unwanted pregnancy. For example, the pill and a condom. A diaphragm (with jelly) and a condom. The pill and a diaphragm. Spermicidal jelly and a condom. The patch and a condom. Yes, this is a pain to deal with. As are unwanted babies and STD's.

These are the issues you (perhaps unconsciously) "agree" to deal with when you decide to have sex.

Not to mention all the emotional angles.

Even a birth control method with 97% effectiveness means that 3% of the time, someone gets pregnant. That's three out of a hundred.

I still think the bigger issue is you two getting yourself into the situation more than once.

If you are old enough, and mature enough, to have sex, please be responsible about it. For your own sake, and hers.

Finally, should you worry? In my opinion, no, more than likely she will not be pregnant. But learn from this!

I always kind of took it to mean that if you had sex 100 times, then you'd wind up pregnant 3 times.

Which is the same as 3% risk, now that I think about it.

Then again, 3 women out of 100....

The "experts" who figure out these statistics need to clarify!! Even if it all does mean the same thing.